Trying to figure out this answer, see if anyone knows....

Has anyone figured out on the Verizon Unlimited, you get 10 gb of hotspot ... If you add a device for the extra $20 for a Surface for example is that an extra 10 GB, or is that limited to the 10 GB that device gets. My issue is that I tether while at work and of right now 20 gb usuage I use probably 15gb in tether. So trying to figure out if the extra $20 a month gives me 20 gb total tether or just 10gb for that device then its not worth the change for me.

Thanks
    02-22-2017 11:47 AM
    Trying to figure out this answer, see if anyone knows....

Has anyone figured out on the Verizon Unlimited, you get 10 gb of hotspot ... If you add a device for the extra $20 for a Surface for example is that an extra 10 GB, or is that limited to the 10 GB that device gets. My issue is that I tether while at work and of right now 20 gb usuage I use probably 15gb in tether. So trying to figure out if the extra $20 a month gives me 20 gb total tether or just 10gb for that device then its not worth the change for me.

Thanks
    If you add a device, you're not tethering off of another device. You're using that device's own bucket.

It isn't clearly spelled out but it is my understanding that tablets (using their own SIM) would get the same 22GB limit before possible slowdowns that smartphones get. You could also tether from that tablet up to 10GB before tethering is reduced to 3G speeds.

Based on this thread, there's conflicting reports for MiFi devices. Emails from Verizon corporate say that MiFis are only supposed to get 10GB before reduced speeds rather than 22GB before possible reduced speeds. But there's one user posting that they're using a MiFi on the Unlimited Plan well over the 10GB limit with no slow down.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...izon-mifi.html
    02-22-2017 04:59 PM
    If you add a device, you're not tethering off of another device. You're using that device's own bucket.

It isn't clearly spelled out but it is my understanding that tablets (using their own SIM) would get the same 22GB limit before possible slowdowns that smartphones get. You could also tether from that tablet up to 10GB before tethering is reduced to 3G speeds.

Based on this thread, there's conflicting reports for MiFi devices. Emails from Verizon corporate say that MiFis are only supposed to get 10GB before reduced speeds rather than 22GB before possible reduced speeds. But there's one user posting that they're using a MiFi on the Unlimited Plan well over the 10GB limit with no slow down.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...izon-mifi.html
    Your right on the tablets, they get their own unlimited, possible throttle at 22 gigs and 10 gigs Hotspot. Picture below does a pretty good job explaining them

02-22-2017 05:40 PM
    Your right on the tablets, they get their own unlimited, possible throttle at 22 gigs and 10 gigs Hotspot. Picture below does a pretty good job explaining them

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7f799344ec.jpg
    Verizon's site needs to do a better job at this.
    02-22-2017 06:39 PM
    From my understanding, the jetpack acts as a phone, 22GB before prioritization, not a 10GB throttle. I am currently at 19GB on the jetpack and normal 4G speeds on a rural, low traffic tower. That's why I took the chance and switched from the old UDP to the new one.
    03-06-2017 01:16 PM
    From my understanding, the jetpack acts as a phone, 22GB before prioritization, not a 10GB throttle. I am currently at 19GB on the jetpack and normal 4G speeds on a rural, low traffic tower. That's why I took the chance and switched from the old UDP to the new one.
    That's how I understood it as well but Verizon corporate (above) is saying it shouldn't be like that.
    03-06-2017 01:49 PM
    That's how I understood it as well but Verizon corporate (above) is saying it shouldn't be like that.
    I used to work for one of the big VZW premium retailers and then corporate Sprint. The corporate people rarely understand how things work lol. With this, the jetpack, tablet, or phone share the bucket just as before, but this time it's unlimited. That's what the system sees, and the throttled hotspot is seen as different data by the system. Unless they plan to revamp the system, data used by a jetpack, tablet or phone should stay unlimited/prioritized, the hotspot usage throttled since it runs through a different tunnel (for lack of a better description).
    03-06-2017 01:58 PM