03-20-2017 06:49 PM
37 12
tools
    Because texting rides on the network signal already going to your phone and voice barley taxes anything network wise.

Also how was I riding them? I simply stated a fact as to why it's changing.. they simply can't support everyone turning their hotspot into home internet so hence the changes.
    They can support it. They just know it's easier for people to believe such great service is a scarce commodity. I have not worked at the tower or engineering. But, unless all the morning meetings and sales rallies were bs, there is no bandwidth shortage.

I didn't say you were riding anything.
    03-01-2017 09:46 PM
    They can support it. They just know it's easier for people to believe such great service is a scarce commodity. I have not worked at the tower or engineering. But, unless all the morning meetings and sales rallies were bs, there is no bandwidth shortage.

I didn't say you were riding anything.
    Oh for now there probably is enough but in a few years.. who knows. They don't want to be a home ISP especially for the price they offer.
    03-01-2017 10:02 PM
    One would hope they won't repeat the mistakes of AT&T and upgrade their network yearly. Forecasting resource allocation is part of good planning.
    03-02-2017 03:57 AM
    One would hope they won't repeat the mistakes of AT&T and upgrade their network yearly. Forecasting resource allocation is part of good planning.
    Verizon has proven in the past that they reinvest in their network, that's why they are more reliable when traveling.
    03-02-2017 08:30 AM
    Verizon capex for 2016 was 17.1 billion. 2017 is expected to be similar.

It should also be noted that T-Mobile capex was 4.7billion and sprint about 2.3 billion.
    03-02-2017 09:36 AM
    Verizon capex for 2016 was 17.1 billion. 2017 is expected to be similar.

It should also be noted that T-Mobile capex was 4.7billion and sprint about 2.3 billion.
    Excellent. No Armageddon-esque bandwidth droughts...again. ...for the 11 years I've been with them
    03-02-2017 03:06 PM
    Verizon has proven in the past that they reinvest in their network, that's why they are more reliable when traveling.
    Or they can just give everyone free pizza to encourage them to switch.
    mobrules and HawaiiD like this.
    03-02-2017 03:17 PM
    Depends on what kind of crust they invest in
    03-03-2017 12:41 PM
    I see Verizon using this new plan (which has "data prioritization " after 22 gigs ...buzz word for throttle) as a way to step UDP to limited data sometime in the near future.

As for me, I wish they would treat me as the loyal customer I have been for 11 years instead of devising ways to sneak me off a plan I had the good sense to keep.
    Thanks for the info. My fear is that we switch to the new UDP and then in a year or two they decide to eliminate UDP and force us onto a TDP and/or start raising these initial prices up, up, up. Because if I'm not mistaken, these new plans aren't on contracts, so technically they can change them anytime they want?

But, I guess the other side of this is that technically, once my current contracts on our grandfathered UDP's are up, they won't renew them either and those plans will just be floating out there for Verizon to take away anytime if they so choose, too? Is that correct?
    03-03-2017 06:45 PM
    Thanks for the info. My fear is that we switch to the new UDP and then in a year or two they decide to eliminate UDP and force us onto a TDP and/or start raising these initial prices up, up, up. Because if I'm not mistaken, these new plans aren't on contracts, so technically they can change them anytime they want?

But, I guess the other side of this is that technically, once my current contracts on our grandfathered UDP's are up, they won't renew them either and those plans will just be floating out there for Verizon to take away anytime if they so choose, too? Is that correct?
    Technically, they can change them.

But historically, they just introduce a new plan and hope you switch to it.

See More Everything, the Verizon Plan, the new Verizon Plan, etc.
    03-03-2017 06:56 PM
    Technically, they can change them.

But historically, they just introduce a new plan and hope you switch to it.

See More Everything, the Verizon Plan, the new Verizon Plan, etc.
    Good point, thanks!
    03-03-2017 07:07 PM
    This week it's 5 dollar dunkin donuts gift card and 2 dollar movie tickets for each line of service. I have 5 lines so that's 35 dollars worth of goodies this week🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻
    03-20-2017 06:49 PM
37 12