what happens when a phone purchased on device payment plan is never turned on with Verizon SIM card that came with the phone? (either using it as a wifi-only phone or with AT&T or T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards only)
    03-08-2017 12:56 PM
    Most of Verizon's phones are shipped unlocked so you can use a SIM card from any carrier (unless the phone is 'semi-locked' to making the first call with a Verizon SIM and after that it becomes unlocked, like most new Samsung phones) and as long as the account is in good standing (if it was purchased on installments), the phone should work as usual. Only if the device isn't paid off and has an outstanding unpaid balance can Verizon block the device and flag it on all networks as stolen.
    03-08-2017 01:10 PM
    what happens when a phone purchased on device payment plan is never turned on with Verizon SIM card that came with the phone? (either using it as a wifi-only phone or with AT&T or T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards only)
    Nothing.

You still have to make payments.
    03-08-2017 01:32 PM
    Nothing.

You still have to make payments.
    I just found answer to my own question... in the DPP agreement, it states that if the device is not activated within 45 days after purchase, Verizon may immediately bill the customer the entire remaining balance of the device payment plan. Oh well.. I'm planning to pay it off tomorrow anyway, so probably not a big issue.
    03-08-2017 01:53 PM