Grandfathered Unlimited vs The New Unlimited Verizon

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and makes no difference as it is the same. Maybe it's because you're on a regular nationwide plan while I'm on a loyalty plan.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The natiowide 500 plan, is that a family plan and is it still available?
It is a family plan and is no longer available. I am grandfathered. My other family member only gets 2 gb a month so that is probably why switching to new unlimited cost more. The thing is he never uses the 2gb so no need to expand his data. It is I who uses more data.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It is a family plan and is no longer available. I am grandfathered. My other family member only gets 2 gb a month so that is probably why switching to new unlimited cost more. The thing is he never uses the 2gb so no need to expand his data. It is I who uses more data.

I wish i had that plan before. Dang it! Thanks for the reply!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish i had that plan before. Dang it! Thanks for the reply!
Yes, it is a great plan but has been gone for years now. They used to make their money on phone calls. Now they realize the real money is in data. I use my phone primarily as a pocket computer and seldom use the phone for more than a few minutes at a time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is a great plan but has been gone for years now. They used to make their money on phone calls. Now they realize the real money is in data. I use my phone primarily as a pocket computer and seldom use the phone for more than a few minutes at a time.

Haha Verizon probably doesn't like me... 50-100 GB in a month, 2k texts, and 1-1.5k mins a month :p.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to the new unlimited. Did have 1 UDP, 1 2GB with double data, 1 2 GB, and 1 dumb phone, 700 minutes, pay per text. I basically broke even on the switch. Would have been $10 more, but I was paying about $5 for texts and got $5 off for paperless.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Haha Verizon probably doesn't like me... 50-100 GB in a month, 2k texts, and 1-1.5k mins a month :p.

I use only a few hundred texts but over 200Gb data a month, Verizon hotspot to a PC is how I watch TV. Verizon hates me, they straight up disabled my hotspot for 24 hours last month after I downloaded GTA 5, nearly 70Gb.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use only a few hundred texts but over 200Gb data a month, Verizon hotspot to a PC is how I watch TV. Verizon hates me, they straight up disabled my hotspot for 24 hours last month after I downloaded GTA 5, nearly 70Gb.

Yeah they def. don't hate me as much as you haha. I am lucky and have Fiber internet at home so I use that. The reason why is well ... I will show you LTE vs. WiFi at home :p.

Not saying the LTE is horrid or anything but yeah ;).

3d4bb0f5262ac7586a8f037b85f84373.jpg
e9e5749b8398a02963717bd749c55ccc.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There should be no unlimited people take advantage of it and abuse it
The companies sell it.. we use it. How is that abuse? Please explain versus spouting random things that don't make sense.

That's like saying you abuse your phone by talking and using way to many minutes. You wouldn't agree right ? So why is data different?

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Is abuse when people drop their home WiFi and use the crap out of it meaning to 300 gigabytes per month which is absolutely ridiculous. Why do you think some areas are congestion now those people are too damn cheap to pay for home Wi-Fi. For someone like me who only uses 10 gigabytes a month even on Wifi through my phone and my laptop together then having Unlimited on your phone and just using that is fine but everyone else that uses Netflix all day and stuff that home should not be using their mobile connection to do that. It's called a mobile connection for a reason if you're out and about and your lifestyle causes you to use more data than others then that's fine but don't abuse it by replacing your own WiFi or does not using your home WiFi because you're Cellular's a little faster. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is abuse when people drop their home WiFi and use the crap out of it meaning to 300 gigabytes per month which is absolutely ridiculous. Why do you think some areas are congestion now those people are too damn cheap to pay for home Wi-Fi. For someone like me who only uses 10 gigabytes a month even on Wifi through my phone and my laptop together then having Unlimited on your phone and just using that is fine but everyone else that uses Netflix all day and stuff that home should not be using their mobile connection to do that. It's called a mobile connection for a reason if you're out and about and your lifestyle causes you to use more data than others then that's fine but don't abuse it by replacing your own WiFi or does not using your home WiFi because you're Cellular's a little faster. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
That's back in the day. That has nothing to do with now... People can't drop it and use it as home internet anymore. They'd have to have a grandfathered old plan.

The new plans allow 10 GB hotspot then drop to 3g. The congestion is simply from people all using their phones now. People using their phones isn't abuse.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that's a good thing that they have those measures in place otherwise you better believe they would do it. For me I can still get by with the plans they have now 20 Gigabytes on the phone in 10 gigabytes of hotspot will be more than plenty for me. I don't watch Netflix and stuff like that very much. Mostly use my phone for tax paste apps like Facebook and maybe a little bit of YouTube but everything else is text-based. But yes the carriers have taken steps to prevent things like this from happening but I do know of some people heard from them on YouTube that says they still do it and I give them hell for it. It's just not right is not meant for that the Network's can't handle it. I respect your opinion the only point I'm trying to get across is that Sprint is not as bad as people make it out to be. Everywhere I am and Coast front has good service except for here at my mom's house in certain parts of the house call zaslow choppy will you still get one more of LTE service. However certain places in the house like I said the call Quality is quite bad even dropping for 2 to 3 seconds but it never actually drops a call at least on Androids. IPhones could drop the call

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Enough people using their phone is not abuse but two or three hundred gigabytes a month is a bit crazy. I think of you use any more than 15 gigabytes that is considered extreme usage. I also think it's so stupid that all the carriers are going to only unlimited or at least T-Mobile did I think it's so dumb. But I guess I'm limited data is fine as long as the networks have procedures in place to make sure people don't kill the network which they do have so I guess it's all good.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's a good thing that they have those measures in place otherwise you better believe they would do it. For me I can still get by with the plans they have now 20 Gigabytes on the phone in 10 gigabytes of hotspot will be more than plenty for me. I don't watch Netflix and stuff like that very much. Mostly use my phone for tax paste apps like Facebook and maybe a little bit of YouTube but everything else is text-based. But yes the carriers have taken steps to prevent things like this from happening but I do know of some people heard from them on YouTube that says they still do it and I give them hell for it. It's just not right is not meant for that the Network's can't handle it. I respect your opinion the only point I'm trying to get across is that Sprint is not as bad as people make it out to be. Everywhere I am and Coast front has good service except for here at my mom's house in certain parts of the house call zaslow choppy will you still get one more of LTE service. However certain places in the house like I said the call Quality is quite bad even dropping for 2 to 3 seconds but it never actually drops a call at least on Androids. IPhones could drop the call
Sorry I disagree. My brother and parents have Sprint. If we aren't at one of our houses where wifi is I have to turn on my hotspot or they can't use data services. Sprint could be free and I won't use it for that reason. I want my data to work when I don't have my wifi with me since I'm not at home.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Enough people using their phone is not abuse but two or three hundred gigabytes a month is a bit crazy. I think of you use any more than 15 gigabytes that is considered extreme usage. I also think it's so stupid that all the carriers are going to only unlimited or at least T-Mobile did I think it's so dumb. But I guess I'm limited data is fine as long as the networks have procedures in place to make sure people don't kill the network which they do have so I guess it's all good.
Verizon and even Sprint seem to think excessive use is 22 and 23 GB respectively. That's why their de-priortization limits are set at that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae