Delayed sent text message

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It takes 2 minutes for others to receive a text I send. When they send me a text I get it almost instantly. I've been in contact with Verizon and they've had 2 tickets with the network engineers they can't figure it out. They blame it on poor reception. I know it's not the phone as I've taken a straight talk Verizon Sim and put it in and it works fine. I've also tried my mom's Verizon Sim and the texts send almost instantly. I put my SIM in my mom's 6p and it takes 2 minutes to send a text. Anyone have this issue before?

mjl574

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Based on your testing, it's obviously the SIM card. I'm surprised tech support didn't try to reprogram the SIM. Having it replaced will fix the issues you're having.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Based on your testing, it's obviously the SIM card. I'm surprised tech support didn't try to reprogram the SIM. Having it replaced will fix the issues you're having.
I had the Sim card replaced with no change. I'm going to try a SIM from another Verizon store just in case it was a bad batch or something as the first one and the replacement came from the same store

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Had the Sim replaced the same issue persists. They put my SIM in a Note 8 still has the same issue. So here's the thing. If both phones use Verizon message+ it sends instantly. From my googling it looks like Verizon to Verizon message+ uses data instead of SMS. The store manager said something must be up with my MDN?

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
4th trouble ticket is being submitted... It looks like I'm going to have to change my number..... How does porting it to Google voice work? This way I can still keep the number...

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon has basically told me the easiest thing is to either live with it or change my number.... I'm not super happy at the moment.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with this either as I had the issue with a Sony Xperia Z3v. I use Google message app and my other 3 family members use Verizon messages. It would take 2-3 minutes for my text to go through or sometimes it wouldn't go through at all. I just upgraded to a Note 8 and I'm back with speedy texts. Still use Google Message and family still uses Verizon messages.

The only thing I can think may be the problem is I originally started with a LG G4. That phone got the bootloop of death. Swapped lines to the backup Sony. Did the FDR wipe before I started using it, did another one when I couldn't figure the problem out but it still persisted.

By chance did you swap your line at one point recently? If so maybe the problem lies in that, if not, I got nothing.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It persisted across devices, Sim cards, and factory resets. They finally told me I'd have to change my number. So I ported to straight talk because who wants to change their number? It's been working flawlessly for 3 days on straight talk. I plan on porting back in and hoping for the best

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So it worked for a week and a half on straight talk. I ported back into Verizon and it's been working fine since Thursday. I also got a $150 dollar credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy