It takes 2 minutes for others to receive a text I send. When they send me a text I get it almost instantly. I've been in contact with Verizon and they've had 2 tickets with the network engineers they can't figure it out. They blame it on poor reception. I know it's not the phone as I've taken a straight talk Verizon Sim and put it in and it works fine. I've also tried my mom's Verizon Sim and the texts send almost instantly. I put my SIM in my mom's 6p and it takes 2 minutes to send a text. Anyone have this issue before?
    09-23-2017 01:15 PM
    Based on your testing, it's obviously the SIM card. I'm surprised tech support didn't try to reprogram the SIM. Having it replaced will fix the issues you're having.
    09-23-2017 02:00 PM
    Based on your testing, it's obviously the SIM card. I'm surprised tech support didn't try to reprogram the SIM. Having it replaced will fix the issues you're having.
    I had the Sim card replaced with no change. I'm going to try a SIM from another Verizon store just in case it was a bad batch or something as the first one and the replacement came from the same store
    09-23-2017 04:31 PM
    Had the Sim replaced the same issue persists. They put my SIM in a Note 8 still has the same issue. So here's the thing. If both phones use Verizon message+ it sends instantly. From my googling it looks like Verizon to Verizon message+ uses data instead of SMS. The store manager said something must be up with my MDN?
    09-23-2017 07:40 PM
    4th trouble ticket is being submitted... It looks like I'm going to have to change my number..... How does porting it to Google voice work? This way I can still keep the number...
    09-26-2017 11:25 PM
    So Verizon has basically told me the easiest thing is to either live with it or change my number.... I'm not super happy at the moment.
    10-23-2017 09:28 PM
    I'm not sure what's going on with this either as I had the issue with a Sony Xperia Z3v. I use Google message app and my other 3 family members use Verizon messages. It would take 2-3 minutes for my text to go through or sometimes it wouldn't go through at all. I just upgraded to a Note 8 and I'm back with speedy texts. Still use Google Message and family still uses Verizon messages.

The only thing I can think may be the problem is I originally started with a LG G4. That phone got the bootloop of death. Swapped lines to the backup Sony. Did the FDR wipe before I started using it, did another one when I couldn't figure the problem out but it still persisted.

By chance did you swap your line at one point recently? If so maybe the problem lies in that, if not, I got nothing.
    10-27-2017 08:19 PM
    It persisted across devices, Sim cards, and factory resets. They finally told me I'd have to change my number. So I ported to straight talk because who wants to change their number? It's been working flawlessly for 3 days on straight talk. I plan on porting back in and hoping for the best
    10-27-2017 09:22 PM
    So it worked for a week and a half on straight talk. I ported back into Verizon and it's been working fine since Thursday. I also got a $150 dollar credit.
    11-06-2017 09:11 PM