Verizon is ending Free cloud service 10/20/2017

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Heard this on DSLReports forums, not sure if it's true or not, can anyone confirm?

The cloud storage that will be expiring on 10/20. The reason being is because we are discontinuing the free verizon cloud storage and moving to an all premium storage system which will start at 500GB of storage for $5.00 per month or 1TB of storage for $9.99. The good news is that you will initially receive a free 30 day trial of 500GB cloud storage to allow you time to transfer your information from your verizon cloud to either your device itself or to an outside storage program. I will be happy to provide you with the direct link to allow you more details on how to do this if you choose to move away from the verizon cloud option. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused

500GB $5.00
1TB $9.99

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's fine by me. I never used it anyway. I don't trust my personal documents with my ISP. I keep those separate.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Will Verizon still have some way to back up your contacts, phone log, and texts? So that you can restore them when you have to reset your phone or get a new one?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder when Verizon will send me a notice.
From what I have read if you are under 5 GB and on the right plan you are ok. I only use the Verizon storage for contacts and messages. All of.my other storage goes to Google Drive. I am a Google Fiber customer and get one TB pf storage as part of my package.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Why not store Contacts as a Google Contact and not worry about needing Verizon? They would always instantly sync to any new phone once you enter the G Mail account. Just a thought, it's worked pretty good for me so far.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After that horrendous Verizon Cloud debacle earlier in the year, I moved to Google Drive where I've got complimentary 15GB of storage. Typical Verizon, milking their customers for every nickle and dime they can extract out of us. Such a greedy company! 🙄

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I did not get any notice from Verizon about this until 11/13/17 when a cloud notice showed up on my phone indicating that my cloud storage was suspended. I also did not get any free temporary storage. So Verizon just decides to essentially hold hostage everything I backed up?

Ethan Nobles1

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Heard this on DSLReports forums, not sure if it's true or not, can anyone confirm?

The cloud storage that will be expiring on 10/20. The reason being is because we are discontinuing the free verizon cloud storage and moving to an all premium storage system which will start at 500GB of storage for $5.00 per month or 1TB of storage for $9.99. The good news is that you will initially receive a free 30 day trial of 500GB cloud storage to allow you time to transfer your information from your verizon cloud to either your device itself or to an outside storage program. I will be happy to provide you with the direct link to allow you more details on how to do this if you choose to move away from the verizon cloud option. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused

500GB $5.00
1TB $9.99

Yes, i just had a notification about this coming this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I got a text message today saying this:

FREE VZW MSG: FINAL REMINDER. Your free VZ Cloud is expiring, photos/media to be deleted on 02/02. Save files offline or upgrade to Premium go.vzw.com/vzcloud

Whatever is what I say. Delete my stuff. Better yet I'll do it. They been bugging me bout storage being full and to upgrade to a paid plan. I pay enough you goofs. Gtfo with the stupid stuff Verizon. I'll stick with Google drive etc. Lol. Now time to go delete my stuff and delete my Verizon cloud account. Lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got a text message today saying this:

FREE VZW MSG: FINAL REMINDER. Your free VZ Cloud is expiring, photos/media to be deleted on 02/02. Save files offline or upgrade to Premium go.vzw.com/vzcloud

Whatever is what I say. Delete my stuff. Better yet I'll do it. They been bugging me bout storage being full and to upgrade to a paid plan. I pay enough you goofs. Gtfo with the stupid stuff Verizon. I'll stick with Google drive etc. Lol. Now time to go delete my stuff and delete my Verizon cloud account. Lol

Yeah I don't trust my ISP with things like that. I use Google Drive instead.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I don't trust my ISP with things like that. I use Google Drive instead.

Yeah. I like Verizon even tho they drive me nuts sometimes lol. But, Verizon cloud is just a waste lol. Especially when I had 2gb free with it and we get what 15gb free with Google drive? Lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I like Verizon even tho they drive me nuts sometimes lol. But, Verizon cloud is just a waste lol. Especially when I had 2gb free with it and we get what 15gb free with Google drive? Lol
And 100 GB is 20 bucks a year (1.67 a month technically) for Google drive.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
And 100 GB is 20 bucks a year (1.67 a month technically) for Google drive.

Dang. Definitely cheaper than Verizon I believe. I don't remember Verizon prices since I don't care for having it anymore. It probably be awhile before I even fill up the 15gb on Google drive lol. I'm sitting at just over 2gb right now. Lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dang. Definitely cheaper than Verizon I believe. I don't remember Verizon prices since I don't care for having it anymore. It probably be awhile before I even fill up the 15gb on Google drive lol. I'm sitting at just over 2gb right now. Lol
Yeah I mainly just don't want my storage to rely on an ISP. If I go to cancel I don't want to lose my stuff. I won't be getting rid of Google so that works :).

I had to upgrade due to backing up photos for now for my brother and his gf. I have it all stored on my account for now.
a25f57ba9d8e00d9cc3cb8f0308f1b94.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I mainly just don't want my storage to rely on an ISP. If I go to cancel I don't want to lose my stuff. I won't be getting rid of Google so that works :).

I had to upgrade due to backing up photos for now for my brother and his gf. I have it all stored on my account for now. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180203/a25f57ba9d8e00d9cc3cb8f0308f1b94.jpg

Ok call me dumb lol but what does ISP stand for? Oh wow. That's nice of you. Yeah I was just looking at all the storage options and prices they had. I'll definitely stick with Google drive and photos. Got another question for you. So since I had my contacts set to save on phone and Verizon cloud...since I'm not using Verizon cloud anymore and it's says phone....where are the contacts actually stored?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463