UL data plan for $65?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Got a text from Verizon saying I could upgrade from my 5GB plan to UL, Go Unlimited plan for $15 discount per month which would make the monthly bill $65. Wondering if anyone else received this message. So theoretically it would cost me an additional $10/mo. I don't really need the UL data but sounds tempting. Wondering what the catch is. I clicked on the link to see more info and it started making me nervous after getting into it deeper so I backed out before I commited. It said it was good till the 25th.
Anyone else get this offer?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and haven't seen that offer. I'm happy with my 5GB plan with rollover (had a 2GB plan before this and never even got close to 2 GB per month), so wouldn't pay extra for unlimited anyway.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is pretty much my situation as I don't use that much and when I might use a little extra the rollover has me covered. I have a week to consider it. Maybe get some more input. I went on a road trip 3 months ago and liked having the hotspot feature as I don't like to use strange wifi. That would be a scenario where it would come in handy.

EDIT: I didn't realize this plan is subject to immediate depriortization at anytime. That'll be a no go for me.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is pretty much my situation as I don't use that much and when I might use a little extra the rollover has me covered. I have a week to consider it. Maybe get some more input. I went on a road trip 3 months ago and liked having the hotspot feature as I don't like to use strange wifi. That would be a scenario where it would come in handy.

EDIT: I didn't realize this plan is subject to immediate depriortization at anytime. That'll be a no go for me.

Yeah Go Unlimited is just awful.

Ganja2690

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
I'm on Verizon True Unlimited Plan, $50 per line and it is a truely unlimited plan that by contract cannot be throttled. To verify this I used over 150GB of data the 1st month I had it, not one bit of throttling occurred! How can someone use that much data? easy, downloaded the complete 1 thru 6 seasons of Game of Thrones, watched to or 3 HBO GO movies per day and streamed several live Game of Thrones episodes, not to mention web browsing, utube video's. Still using 50GB per month since. Still no throttling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon True Unlimited Plan, $50 per line and it is a truely unlimited plan that by contract cannot be throttled. To verify this I used over 150GB of data the 1st month I had it, not one bit of throttling occurred! How can someone use that much data? easy, downloaded the complete 1 thru 6 seasons of Game of Thrones, watched to or 3 HBO GO movies per day and streamed several live Game of Thrones episodes, not to mention web browsing, utube video's. Still using 50GB per month since. Still no throttling.

Are you talking about the really old UDP from years ago?

Also 150 GB isn't that much ;).

Ganja2690

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
No, when the plan was 1st offered this year by Verizon we jumped on it immediately. I had the old plan and was untruthfully told we had to switch to a different plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, when the plan was 1st offered this year by Verizon we jumped on it immediately. I had the old plan and was untruthfully told we had to switch to a different plan.
If you mean the one in February it has a de-prioritization limit like the rest of the plans.

After 22 GB if you're in congestion you can be slowed down. Once congestion clears it will return to normal speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678