Verizon will end video Throttling...for a price.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I do notice it because I have the hotspot feature. I Connect my TV to it to watch Netflix. The hotspot is throttled when playing video also.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I know what I'm seeing. Netflix and Amazon will only stream 720p. Others just like me having same issues.

After being told I could not upgrade to premium streaming because I'm on an unlocked phone I asked for my issue to be sent up to a supervisor. Waiting to hear back.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I know what I'm seeing. Netflix and Amazon will only stream 720p. Others just like me having same issues.

After being told I could not upgrade to premium streaming because I'm on an unlocked phone I asked for my issue to be sent up to a supervisor. Waiting to hear back.
Mkay if you say so. I don't see the issue on my end and I am on the Feb. unlimited. I re-checked Reddit and not seeing anyone else talk about it.. unless it's being talked about on a non Verizon Reddit.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Mkay if you say so. I don't see the issue on my end and I am on the Feb. unlimited. I re-checked Reddit and not seeing anyone else talk about it.. unless it's being talked about on a non Verizon Reddit.

Idk why the sarcasm. Aren't you supposed to be a mod? Jeez. Wasn't going to post here anymore but one last time for the heck of it...
First of all if you read my post I never said I'm on the febunlimited. I'm on the og grandfathered unlimited plan.

I have been on this plan for almost 8 years. I know what it is and what it is supposed to be. The fact that Netflix now tells me that am streaming at 3.8 MGB per second and at 720p is enough for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Idk why the sarcasm. Aren't you supposed to be a mod? Jeez. Wasn't going to post here anymore but one last time for the heck of it...
First of all if you read my post I never said I'm on the febunlimited. I'm on the og grandfathered unlimited plan.

I have been on this plan for almost 8 years. I know what it is and what it is supposed to be. The fact that Netflix now tells me that am streaming at 3.8 MGB per second and at 720p is enough for me.
Being a mod means I can't question things? Sorry, no.

You keep telling me tons of people on Reddit have it and keep telling me to read it but you have yet to just link me to said post to read. Would that be so hard?

Yes the OG unlimited should fall in the same boat. If it isn't then yes something is wrong. I agree with you.

But sorry .. mod or not.. I can question things. I don't take "because I said so" as an answer especially when you tell me there is evidence but yet you seem to not want to post it. I read a lot on this subject and so far you really truly are the only one I hear with 720 P on the tether. You may know a sub Reddit I don't so I'm not seeing it. Who knows?

So yeah.. let's not act like you've been super forthcoming with information. "Read Reddit" is extremely broad :).

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Being a mod means I can't question things? Sorry, no.

You keep telling me tons of people on Reddit have it and keep telling me to read it but you have yet to just link me to said post to read. Would that be so hard?

Yes the OG unlimited should fall in the same boat. If it isn't then yes something is wrong. I agree with you.

But sorry .. mod or not.. I can question things. I don't take "because I said so" as an answer especially when you tell me there is evidence but yet you seem to not want to post it. I read a lot on this subject and so far you really truly are the only one I hear with 720 P on the tether. You may know a sub Reddit I don't so I'm not seeing it. Who knows?

So yeah.. let's not act like you've been super forthcoming with information. "Read Reddit" is extremely broad :).
20171109_202434.jpg

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Because "supposedly" their system does not recognize it as a VZW device.
Then you could get full speed then? If you can be throttled? They can just as well not throttle you right? It is recognizing your unlocked note 8 as a phone hence the 720p.So why would it matter if their system has already recognized your phone as a phone unlocked or not?

Last edited:

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Then you could get full speed then? If you can be throttled? They can just as well not throttle you right? It is recognizing your unlocked note 8 as a phone hence the 720p.So why would it matter if their system has already recognized your phone as a phone unlocked or not?

IDK I am still waiting for the supervisors response. I was told. That while it is ok for me to use an unlocked phone on VZW I can't be guaranteed that all features will work on my phone. I told them that this "feature" was working before they instituted the throttle. I just want to pay them to give it back. They didn't reply to that lol.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
IDK I am still waiting for the supervisors response. I was told. That while it is ok for me to use an unlocked phone on VZW I can't be guaranteed that all features will work on my phone. I told them that this "feature" was working before they instituted the throttle. I just want to pay them to give it back. They didn't reply to that lol.
I can see features like VOLTE maybe not working? Or wifi calling? But to not let you have full speed/resolution streaming it doesn't make sense? Especially, for the fact you will be paying for it. I hope you find a resolution to this. Btw, why are you waiting? I would be on the phone every day till I got an answer.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's good Verizon will offer this option. Just curious to see if the network starts to slow again if to many customers subscribe to this option? If I was a Verizon customer?
I would hold off too like Almeuit and wait till there are more phones with 4K displays
to at least justify the cost.Also, If you have the newer beyond unlimited data at the 85 per line rate with extra lines? To add this feature it could get pretty costly for a subtle upgrade(720p-1080p) that most would probably not even notice.
4K on LTE would be slower than heck and stop every few minutes. I'm satisfied with 1080p but NOT 720p. Fortunately they haven't gone after grandfathered og unlimited data plans yet.