Go90 app/question/issues

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Using a Nexus 6P and decided to see what was on the app. Downloaded from play store and signed in with email, it was the only option to use. Found a show that I wanted to watch so proceeded to do so. Checked my data usage and found it is actually counting on my data use.

I checked with Verizon and they advised it doesn't. But it does. Has anyone had this happen and if so can you advise how to fix this?

We rolled a couple lines onto the old unlimited plan a few months back. Now one of the lines is almost up to the 22gb limit. We have 5 lines and have been using the app for about a week.

Gotta love verizon..... Even when watching the show there's a banner on top saying "brought to you data free by Verizon".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Using a Nexus 6P and decided to see what was on the app. Downloaded from play store and signed in with email, it was the only option to use. Found a show that I wanted to watch so proceeded to do so. Checked my data usage and found it is actually counting on my data use.

I checked with Verizon and they advised it doesn't. But it does. Has anyone had this happen and if so can you advise how to fix this?

We rolled a couple lines onto the old unlimited plan a few months back. Now one of the lines is almost up to the 22gb limit. We have 5 lines and have been using the app for about a week.

Gotta love verizon..... Even when watching the show there's a banner on top saying "brought to you data free by Verizon".

The data free thing is for tiered plans.. Not so much unlimited plans.

If you're on an unlimited plan ALL data counts towards the de-prioritization limit. This isn't new to Verizon. All carriers do this even if they claim it to be "data free" -- A prime example is T-Mobile.

Even though T-Mobile doesn't really have limited plans anymore (they do but not like before) their "BingeON" & "Music Freedom" service that had exempted certain traffic from taking away from your limit still counts towards the de-prioritization limit.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The data free thing is for tiered plans.. Not so much unlimited plans.

If you're on an unlimited plan ALL data counts towards the de-prioritization limit. This isn't new to Verizon. All carriers do this even if they claim it to be "data free" -- A prime example is T-Mobile.

Even though T-Mobile doesn't really have limited plans anymore (they do but not like before) their "BingeON" & "Music Freedom" service that had exempted certain traffic from taking away from your limit still counts towards the de-prioritization limit.
Yeah you may be right. But I refuse to give up and plan to give em hell about it.

I have spoken with 3 reps today all saying the data is free. And it says that on their website too.

Even started a trouble ticket with them and no resolution so far. Stopped by a corporate store today and they even said it's not supposed to count.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you may be right. But I refuse to give up and plan to give em hell about it.

I have spoken with 3 reps today all saying the data is free. And it says that on their website too.

Even started a trouble ticket with them and no resolution so far. Stopped by a corporate store today and they even said it's not supposed to count.

Yeah you're a little too trusting of reps :p. They truly don't know what is going on unless the script says so. They're just reading a script and not telling you the details.

You can fight all day but honestly you're just wasting your time. There is absolutely zero chance Verizon is going to excuse data from the de-prioritization limit. As I said -- no carrier does this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just FYI I did some digging. On the Go90 FAQ it talks about the unlimited plan and how the 22 GB de-prioritization will count. While it is confusing since they say "without using your data" but they go on to talk about the de-prioritization limit. It is kind of dumb for them to even say "without using your data" since unlimited is unlimited.

How will this show up on my bill? Will there be a breakdown of FreeBee data?

Yes, there is a FreeBee Data line item on the Verizon Wireless bill that shows you the amount of data used but was paid for by a sponsor. The bill will not list go90 by name, but will present the amount of data used in the aggregate. It will show on your bill as FreeBee Data.

The New Verizon Plan - Unlimited

If you are on the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you can stream all shows and sports on go90 without using your data.

*NOTE: After 22 GB of data usage (including go90) on a line during any billing cycle, Verizon may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. This means your data connection could slow down. To save data on go90 click here.

See New Verizon Plan Unlimited - FAQs here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC