Bill due date change

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I got notice from Verizon saying that starting in January bill will change to being due 3 days earlier. Mine has always been due on the 1st so now it's going to be due 3 days before that. I know it's only 3 days but I'm just curious why they change it for? Anyone else have this happen?

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

I did too, not sure of the reasoning though, but it has to benefit big red somehow, that's pretty much how it is with them.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
re:

I did too, not sure of the reasoning though, but it has to benefit big red somehow, that's pretty much how it is with them.

Thanks for your response. Yeah it's a shame. Been having same due date since 2012. Price I have to pay I guess to get the best service in my area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

I read somewhere on Reddit they're trying to allign everyone or something... I'll see if I can find it again.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
re:

I haven't seen the notice yet and mine's due on the 22nd of each month. I hope it doesn't change since I don't like change, generally!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Ok thanks

Found it :p.

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/7jg03v/bill_pay_date_changing_in_january/

The first comment says the below. He is a VZW Employee.

They started in sept and have been slowly changing customers due dates in batches.

They are moving the date change 3 days earlier (8 days before cycle ends), to “align with other carriers” that’s all the bs answer they give us at work, and I work at a corporate call center.

Even our higher up managers don’t have a good answer and don’t agree with it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My due date has always been the 2nd. It's been that for 15 years. I don't want change, this works for us and we just know it. This sounds like management has nothing to do so let's make it look like we are doing something.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My due date has always been the 2nd. It's been that for 15 years. I don't want change, this works for us and we just know it. This sounds like management has nothing to do so let's make it look like we are doing something.

Yelp. Trust me, I'm with ya. It's one thing if a customer asks for it to be changed but forcing it not going to work to well with some. There are people out there that need to keep that date they always had. I got a feeling they going to be charging a lot more late fees. Smh. I can pay mine 3 days earlier even tho i prefer my date. Don't mean others can.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yelp. Trust me, I'm with ya. It's one thing if a customer asks for it to be changed but forcing it not going to work to well with some. There are people out there that need to keep that date they always had. I got a feeling they going to be charging a lot more late fees. Smh. I can pay mine 3 days earlier even tho i prefer my date. Don't mean others can.
I'll be able to pay it, it's just that I've been the 2nd for so long it's built in to my memory. I don't see any reason that it needs to change.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Due dates has always been 5 business days before the statement cycle date. Since they change the due date to 3 days earlier, does this mean the statement cycle date is also changing and will the first bill with the change actually be pro-rated as you would basically have 3 less days of usage for that month instead of 30 days.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I received the payment date change about ten days ago. Frankly, having been with VZ for many years, the ONLY reason for the payment due date change... while keeping the end of month/beginning of the New month cycle the same... is... VZ wants their cash from our payments, THREE DAYS EARLIER! They've shortened the cycle from the beginning of the month's start to when the bill is due. THEY WANT OUR MONEY SOONER!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Due dates has always been 5 business days before the statement cycle date. Since they change the due date to 3 days earlier, does this mean the statement cycle date is also changing and will the first bill with the change actually be pro-rated as you would basically have 3 less days of usage for that month instead of 30 days.

I don't know about the prorated part. You can ask Verizon or maybe someone else here will know. But, the bill cycle date will stay the same.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I received the payment date change about ten days ago. Frankly, having been with VZ for many years, the ONLY reason for the payment due date change... while keeping the end of month/beginning of the New month cycle the same... is... VZ wants their cash from our payments, THREE DAYS EARLIER! They've shortened the cycle from the beginning of the month's start to when the bill is due. THEY WANT OUR MONEY SOONER!

Yelp. You would think they were going broke or something. Lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't believe so. The cycle is staying the same -- the date at which you have to pay them (the due date) is all that is changing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yelp. You would think they were going broke or something. Lol.

Na Verizon just sees as little piggy banks walking around and they don't like that we get to walk around with more days before coughing up the cash so ... they demand it sooner now :p.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Na Verizon just sees as little piggy banks walking around and they don't like that we get to walk around with more days before coughing up the cash so ... they demand it sooner now :p.

Lol Verizon be like that commercial(can't remember the name) where they say "it's my money and I want it now" lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781