Bill due date change

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe so. The cycle is staying the same -- the date at which you have to pay them (the due date) is all that is changing.

Good point, guess we will know if someone will post if their cycle dates changes or not when they get the bill. I no longer have Verizon even though I had service starting with GTE MobilNet in 1999 but now with XFinity Mobile which still uses Verizon Wireless except the APN Servers are not local but I am saving $95 a month.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good point, guess we will know if someone will post if their cycle dates changes or not when they get the bill. I no longer have Verizon even though I had service starting with GTE MobilNet in 1999 but now with XFinity Mobile which still uses Verizon Wireless except the APN Servers are not local but I am saving $95 a month.

I watch Reddit often and haven't seen anyone posting anything about pro-rating. They don't even do it anymore if you leave mid cycle. To be fair other carriers don't either anymore but I just don't see Verizon doing it since the cycle is still (X) amount of days.

Mine will change next month.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I watch Reddit often and haven't seen anyone posting anything about pro-rating. They don't even do it anymore if you leave mid cycle. To be fair other carriers don't either anymore but I just don't see Verizon doing it since the cycle is still (X) amount of days.

Mine will change next month.

In my case, I was on the old billing so basically had the Loyalty Family Plan with 550 shared minutes on 2 lines with the old Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan on 1 line and no data on line 2. My September 4, 2017 statement with a due date of September 29, 2017 basically covers August 5-September 4, 2017 instead of September 5-October 4, 2017 like people who are on newer plans. When I ported both lines to XFinity Mobile on September 9, 2017 which was 5 days into the cycle, what happened was they generated a final bill dated September 10, 2017 and basically added September 4-9, 2017 to the existing bill and the due date is now October 5, 2017 basically extending the due date by 6 days so I did get pro-rated for the final month of service. I did get another billing statement for the billing period of September 11, 2017 - October 10, 2017 and basically this is what it consisted of:

Page 1:
Only had Verizon and the address on the top left
and my name and address below it and the QR code in the same area

On the top right, it only says:
Billing period September 11, 2017 - October 10, 2017
Account Number
Invoice Number

See last page for payment information.
Questions? Visit vzw dot com/contactus

(In bold red text)
Hi (First Name), here's your bill for this month.
(___________________________________________________________ line covering the entire line in black)
followed by $0.00 which was in bold black print.

Page 2 was blank as the only thing on the page was:
Verizon logo Billing period Sep 11, 2017 to October 10, 2017 | Account # | Invoice # at the top line and a QR code.

Page 3 basically had the same line as Page 2 at the top except it's the Additional Information page about CPNI, Explanation of Surcharges, Bankruptcy Information, Late Fee Information, FUSC Charge

Page 4 was completely blank and only had a QR code at the top right

Page 5 had the same thing as the top line on page 2 except it does not have the QR code and basically says You've got options and tells you about the 3 ways to pay the bill, either MyVerizon app, online at vzw or #PMT (#768) by phone.

and there is that payment slip on the bottom that basically says:
Verizon logo on the left side with my name and address under it
On the right hand side is:
Bill Date October 10, 2017
Account Number
Invoice Number

Courtesy Bill
DO NOT PAY $.00

Payment address in Dallas, TX

and then the whole line of numbers at the way bottom

Page 6 consisted only of a QR code on the top right

and mid-page

Questions? Visit VZW ContactUs or call 1.800.922.0204.

Change your address at VZW changeaddress

The part about written notifications included with or on payment will not be honored and to send correspondence to their Correspondence Team at a address in Columbia, SC

Then on the bottom is basically the Automatic Payment Enrollment

Page 7 is the Welcome to your new bill and basically the entire page talks about the components/pages of the bill.

Page 8 is a blank page with nothing but a QR code on the top right

Last edited:

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Had a friend who worked for Verizon. Ah, the stories she can tell. I try to stay clear of the official stores and conduct my Verizon transactions at Best Buy. They always seem to have specials the stores don't have or conceal.

When dealing with Verizon you can always work your way up to the manager but, then, you're just getting the most skillful liar generally.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I finally see my official new due date and it is the 29th. Just a wierd date to me lol
Mine changed this month also, the 30th.

My question is, what about February, there is no 29th or 30th. So i assume we will get screwed even more next month. Verizon wasn't even smart enough to pick a date every month has. Who runs this company, idiots..

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site

My question is, what about February, there is no 29th or 30th. So i assume we will get screwed even more next month. Verizon wasn't even smart enough to pick a date every month has. Who runs this company, idiots..

It just works like every February. Depending on how many days there are before the cycle date and the due date currently, it used to be 5 so using that same number, the due date will be different for February depending on the year. So right now, the 30th is the due date for a month with 31 days. If the month has only 30 days, the due date is the 29th. And if the month has 29 days during leap years, the due date is the 28th and if it is 28 days, then the due date should be the 27th. It has always worked that way since now it's easier for them to charge you the $5 late fee if you pay after the due date because you probably have less days now that the full 5 days before the billing cycles. I actually prefer my due dates earlier because I want to pay my bill before my credit card cycles and not pushing it at the last minute so the payment posts before the credit card cycles as I pay manually and want to make sure that my credit card balance ends in 88 cents in whatever amount the bill cycles on to collect the full 5% as the first 1% is rounded based on 0.50 but the remaining 4% would not be rounded to the higher number if it is not 0.88, otherwise I will get the lower cash rewards.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It just works like every February. Depending on how many days there are before the cycle date and the due date currently, it used to be 5 so using that same number, the due date will be different for February depending on the year. So right now, the 30th is the due date for a month with 31 days. If the month has only 30 days, the due date is the 29th. And if the month has 29 days during leap years, the due date is the 28th and if it is 28 days, then the due date should be the 27th. It has always worked that way since now it's easier for them to charge you the $5 late fee if you pay after the due date because you probably have less days now that the full 5 days before the billing cycles. I actually prefer my due dates earlier because I want to pay my bill before my credit card cycles and not pushing it at the last minute so the payment posts before the credit card cycles as I pay manually and want to make sure that my credit card balance ends in 88 cents in whatever amount the bill cycles on to collect the full 5% as the first 1% is rounded based on 0.50 but the remaining 4% would not be rounded to the higher number if it is not 0.88, otherwise I will get the lower cash rewards.
Right, so next month my due date will be 2 days sooner. Just do the due dates on the 28th, then this issue goes away for February. Just my two cents

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Exactly. If they didn't have best signal in my area I wouldn't still be with them.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Right, so next month my due date will be 2 days sooner. Just do the due dates on the 28th, then this issue goes away for February. Just my two cents

That's the way it's been for the last 23 years. As with anything else, for anything you pay, you have two less days of actual usage for February while for work, you would gain 2 days if you are paid by the month while you will make less if you pay by the day or hourly.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's the way it's been for the last 23 years. As with anything else, for anything you pay, you have two less days of actual usage for February while for work, you would gain 2 days if you are paid by the month while you will make less if you pay by the day or hourly.
My bill has always been due the 2nd of every month. It wasn't on a date that doesn't exist one month a year.

Bottom line, there is no reason for this change.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got a reminder text for my due date and notice it was moved up several days too. I don't recall getting any other notice about it, as I'm on paperless billing. I guess that also means no important notices like this? Grrr.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My bill has always been due the 2nd of every month. It wasn't on a date that doesn't exist one month a year.

Bottom line, there is no reason for this change.

All depends on what date your bill cycles on as it's always due 5 days before bill cycles. My cycle ends on the 4th so my due dates are never the same. It's the 27th if the month has 28 days, 28th if the month has 29 days, 29th if the month has 30 days, 30th if the month has 31 days. I started service with GTE MobileNet later known as GTE Wireless before it became known as Verizon Wireless on January 5, 1996. The only way your due date could be the 2nd of every month is your bill cycle starts on the 7th of the month until the 28th of the month as that would be the only way you would be able to have the same due date each and every month. So unless you pay from a bank account, you won't have any loss. If you paid by credit card and as long as your credit bill cycle close is not on the 29th to the 2nd of the following month as transactions never posts on the same day, you won't lose anything since you will still have the same amount of time to pay the credit card after the credit card statement closes.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
All depends on what date your bill cycles on as it's always due 5 days before bill cycles. My cycle ends on the 4th so my due dates are never the same. It's the 27th if the month has 28 days, 28th if the month has 29 days, 29th if the month has 30 days, 30th if the month has 31 days. I started service with GTE MobileNet later known as GTE Wireless before it became known as Verizon Wireless on January 5, 1996. The only way your due date could be the 2nd of every month is your bill cycle starts on the 7th of the month until the 28th of the month as that would be the only way you would be able to have the same due date each and every month. So unless you pay from a bank account, you won't have any loss. If you paid by credit card and as long as your credit bill cycle close is not on the 29th to the 2nd of the following month as transactions never posts on the same day, you won't lose anything since you will still have the same amount of time to pay the credit card after the credit card statement closes.
My cycle did not change, just the due date. My cycle end is still the 7th every month. The due date is the only thing that changed. I don't use my credit card to pay, so for those of us that pay the old fashion way it does effect. It really didn't need to change, Verizon is just being Verizon again.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My cycle did not change, just the due date. My cycle is still the 7th every month. The due date is the only thing that changed

I never said the cycle changed since someone already said the cycle date didn't change. What I was saying is the only way someone can have the same exact day each month for a due date like what you mentioned was before the change, their cycle start date is somewhere from the 7th to the 28th of the month. Otherwise, there will be 3 (4 for leap years) different due dates of the month for the year due to the number of days in the month. My XFinity/Comcast bills can be due the 1st, 2nd of the month for example. Pacific Gas & Electricity can be due from the 16th, 17th or the 18th depending on the month.
The only bill that was always due the same day from a utility type company was AT&T as that one is always due the 1st.
That was what I meant was anyone that paid for a bank account, it will effect as it's cheaper to pay by credit card for me at least since the actual price paid is 95% as there is a 5% cash back.
You can always vote with your wallet since there are alternatives providing you get good coverage. You can even use a Verizon Wireless MVNO if that is the only network that works like I did in September 2017 by going with XFinity Mobile, got the same 2 lines, unlimited data on line 1, no data on line 2, unlimited voice instead of 550 minutes shared, unlimited SMS instead of $0.40 per message sent/$0.20 per message received at a total of $45 + $5.18 taxes/fees per line for a total of $55.36 per month instead of the $150 per month I used to pay Verizon Wireless while still being on Verizon Wireless's network and have unlimited tethering and also the video has no bandwidth limits and even when I get to 20GB, it will still be 1Mbps instead of 128kbps or was it 256kbps that Verizon Wireless throttle backs on when one reaches 22GB.
Just like what someone else mentioned about pre-paying mortgage interest before 2017 is over, the one who provides the statement decides on what is right and what is wrong since they control what goes on it regardless what the other side thinks. If you don't like what they are doing, then the best way to be heard is to take your business elsewhere since in this country, money is what talk$.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci