Moving to Verizon from AT&T

QuayDog17

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks,

Is there anyone here who is on a business account and made the transition to Verizon from AT&T? Our business is strongly considering it, but as we'd have to buy 4 new phones for our 5 lines (I have one of the two smartphones and we'd upgrade one of them as well), we've been putting off the change.

Any advice? We know we're getting the unlimited plan, but don't want to be paying double what we pay now when new phones are added to the equation.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You will need new phones since VZW phones have additional bands that ATT and TMobile versions do not have.

The GSM version has some of the bands VZW uses but not all so it could work or it might not work.

I have a AT&T work phone and VZW personal phone and my VZW works the best by far. I have thought about canceling my personal line but my VZW phone works almost all over the place. There has been a few places where my AT&T works better but it’s not a long list.

QuayDog17

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks to both replies so far.

I'm aware of the technology difference, and that I'll need new phones, with the exception of our one iPhone 6S+.

Phone requirements are rather simple. For me, whatever is the latest. I've got a particular interest in the upcoming Pixel 3 XL, if that's what it's called, or the HTC U12+. I've currently got an S8+, and I don't love the curves.The iPhone 6S+ on our account needs an upgrade. Likely to the iPhone 8+. We also have three basic flips on our account that need to stay flips.

With our hodgepodge of old plans with grandfathered Unlimited Data on two lines, we pay $230 a month for 5 lines. I'd like to keep it around that range, but there's some flexibility.

One thing I'm a stickler for is a contract. I like having them. I've always got an upgrade available, and get a discounted price with one. I keep my phones in near mint condition so I can sell it each year and recoup some of the cost of the upgrade.