Why is Verzion so expensive ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why is verzion so expensive compared to T moble & Sprint.
Verzion needs to get onboard providing the same 55+ plan in Virginia as they have in Florida

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Why? Because they still get people buying their hype. (And they do have pretty good coverage.) TMobile lowered its rates because even though they had decent coverage (where I am, they have about the best coverage), they didn't have as many customers as they wanted to. Sprint? They've never had good coverage (which is why they bought Nextel, figuring that they would get both the huge customer base and the good coverage - both of which ended during the band changes), and they have mostly independently owned stores, with "associates" who are no more than sales people trying to upsell as much as possible, but unable to handle even the simple problems we handle here (and, as far as I know, no one here works for any carrier).

In Florida, the place most people east of the Mississippi retire to, a 55+ plan makes sense for any company, cellphone or not. But in Virginia? Not so much.

But if T-Mobile gives you the coverage you need, go with them. Or, if you don't use much mobile data, go with Mint. 2GB/month is only $15, if you pay for it annually. (And it's on T-Mobile towers, so you get the same coverage.)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

They aren't that expensive .. at least to me. They are the most out of all but nothing drastic like before.

I hopped on unlimited the second they offered it again a year or so .. so my plan pricing is pretty on point.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

Because they can get away with it. Remember, each and every single company in the world, no matter what type, is going to try to earn as much as they can away with without completely alienating their userbase. So as long as they're still seeing new applications and their losses from those who are leaving the network is offset or even exceeded, they're not gonna lower their rates. This doesn't apply only to Verizon.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: can Sam_Gs7 weight on this question. Agree with Rukbat 'cause they still
get people buying their hype..Fair enough in any country there's a tendency
to subscribe to the company, with more customers, better Ads and so on..

Almeuit pointed out another factor "They aren't that expensive" I heard its Ads
$40 for two lines sound attractive isn't it :: Now chanchan got it right too
"Because they can get await with it" I agree in any country it got be a phone

network which has the upper hand - Over the competitors. Here in Cda is
Rogers which has the higher number of customers. But nothing last forever.?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon hype was real. Coverage is great for most folks. They won 4G LTE with 700 MHz spectrum and building out better early on.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon bills itself as a premium service so it will charge more than the bargain carriers like T-Mobile and sprint. They provide better total network coverage. But other carriers might be sufficient for you, in which case, might as well save the money.

thecaddyman

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
I used to say Verizon was expensive but they aren't much more than TMobile now and in some cases are cheaper (especially for really low data users) that don't want unlimited.

also, people choose Verizon and at&t to get the better coverage so they are able to charge for added stuff that TMobile and sprint may include at no extra charge

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why is verzion so expensive compared to T moble & Sprint.
Verzion needs to get onboard providing the same 55+ plan in Virginia as they have in Florida

Because Tmo, Sprint and ATT all suck in coverage here. In 2009 we had an ice storm that shut down just about everything in the tri-state. Verizon was the only company with service. Not to mention, we don't have 100's of 55+ retiring here like in FL.