New Verizon plan???

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I left Verizon about two and a half months ago. Since then they've contacted me and told me they have a new plan that they can match what I have now. I went to T-Mobile I have 3 Lines unlimited talk text and data with Netflix and hotspot for $160 a month all fees and taxes included. Verizon's tell me they can match that. Do you know if this is actually a program they can do?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I left Verizon about two and a half months ago. Since then they've contacted me and told me they have a new plan that they can match what I have now. I went to T-Mobile I have 3 Lines unlimited talk text and data with Netflix and hotspot for $160 a month all fees and taxes included. Verizon's tell me they can match that. Do you know if this is actually a program they can do?

Is this a store contacting you? I can promise they won't pay for Netflix.

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hm.. I still wouldn't trust it. $160 sounds like 3 lines on Go Unlimited. I also don't believe they will pay for Netflix. They currently don't offer anything of that nature.

Rep told me that's including taxes and fees. I don't think it is what do you think

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Rep told me that's including taxes and fees. I don't think it is what do you think

It may be. 3 lines of Go unlimited is $150 so with taxes and fees it would be around $160ish.

Just check the Verizon website. Do not trust reps. They are doing anything to get a sale.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, the carrier plans are remarkably simple and straightforward. There is no secret plan you are getting on to, they are likely just twisting the Go unlimited to the price point angle. Depending on location, taxes can vary from the ~$1.50 I pay for my lines up to $7 and $8 a line in some spots. The real thing that is often forgotten is your device loans if you have any. Do the math on those, and double check both the terms of the 'pay off' (as it is rarely a pay off) and the possible pricing of the new devices.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Get it in writing, I.e. Via email or something. If they can do that, you'll not only be able to scrutinize what they say better, but if they pull any funny business, it'll be your ticket out of the plan. Assuming you want to go for it, of course.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I still doubt it would get him Netflix. The terms of service that we have to agree to say what reps say won't be held up (basically). So unless the rep is just quoting what the site says I'd call BS.
Get it in writing, I.e. Via email or something. If they can do that, you'll not only be able to scrutinize what they say better, but if they pull any funny business, it'll be your ticket out of the plan. Assuming you want to go for it, of course.