I ordered a Note 9 online and had them ship it to me via FedEx. I thought I read in the order documents that it would require a signature on delivery, but the driver just dropped it at the door and left. Now the FedEx tracking info says signature not required. I'm wondering if I read something wrong earlier, or do they normally not require a signature? Usually I just go to one of their stores, so I'm not use to their online practices.
    11-27-2018 12:04 PM
    Depends on a few things.
    1) Your preferences. If you signed up for Fedex Delivery Manager and allowed to release packages without a signature, that can override package options.
    2) The company. IF the company shipping, however, has requested a mandatory signature, your preferences will not override this and they will need someone to sign for the package.
    3) How lazy your delivery man is. If they don't want to go through the hassle and the package didn't have a mandatory signature request, they can manually override the option and just drop it off.

Most phone companies will request a signature, BUT they don't make it mandatory.
    11-27-2018 01:25 PM
    Normally Verizon does require it. Sounds like you got lucky.
    11-27-2018 09:40 PM
    I actually had to go to FedEx today to pick up my Note 9 ordered from Verizon, they didn't leave it at the door.
    11-28-2018 12:26 AM
    I opened a new Verizon account a week ago on Friday and ordered an iPhone XS Max. I paid for next day shipping so I could get it on Saturday and I had to sign. I don't remember ever seeing signature release in the FedEx delivery manager like what UPS has.
    11-28-2018 09:16 AM
    I checked with Verizon today and they did say signatures should be required. They noted my account and sent word to some higher up person. I also emailed FedEx as they suggested, but too late to expect a reply tonight.
    11-28-2018 10:27 PM