Decisions, decisions

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I was with VZW for 5 years, and finally left them for the money savings of Sprint. Was happy with Sprint until they started reducing coverage, as now I am dropping calls like crazy in places that I never had problems before.
I think that I am going to return to VZW, but I don't know which phone to get. I love android, and have an EVO 4G now. I like the T-bolt, but read about problems with it. Same with the Droid Incredible 2, as it doesn't have Gingerbread (and may not get it). Droid X2 has a crappy display. Not sure about LTE, as I don't know when we will get it in eastern NC.
Any suggestions as to actual experience with these or other phones (maybe even the Apple phone)?

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the charge, inc 2 and i4. Out of all of them I like my i4 the best. I use it almost constantly. I don't have to tweak things, battery lasts way longer and it does everything.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I think that I am leaning toward the iPhone for the reasons that you stated. Seems like android can't get it right, such as smoothness, reliability, and getting the latest OS versions on the new phones. I love android, but this is getting to be aggravating.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I think that I am leaning toward the iPhone for the reasons that you stated. Seems like android can't get it right, such as smoothness, reliability, and getting the latest OS versions on the new phones. I love android, but this is getting to be aggravating.

I thought I'd hate it but I don't know if I could go back to another phone. I'd miss my iPhone to much.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a TBolt since launch day. It's so awesome that I only need ONE phone. It's rooted and running a custom ROM, so I already have gingerbread and sense 3.0. My reception is great, battery life is ok, no random reboots, and everything is how I want it. And if I change my mind, I can change my whole interface on a whim.

(personal opinion alert) I would say stay away from MOTO with their moto blur crap and pentile displays. The Sammy's have geourgous screens, but good luck getting updates. I honestly don't know much about the LG Revolution, as it went off my radar when I found out it was Bing'd up.

And keep in mind, for every 1 person that gets on the forums having problems with their phone, there are tens of thousands having no issues at all and no reason to post about how smooth everything is.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
MissJennell!!!

Check THIS out!

To the OP, if you decide to jump the Sprint ship back to VZW, you would probably feel right at home with the Thunderbolt. I have a DInc2 (which will be getting Gingerbread, by the way), and while I love the form factor, the Thunderbolt matches up nicely with the Evo and it's LTE, baby! As bkorver said, it's already rooted, so there are a lot of possibilities to customize it to your liking. I claim ignorance on the Charge, but it's my understanding that it is already rooted as well. Bottom line, you DO have options even if the manufacturers provide less than timely updates.

bkorver: We'll see about your Motorola statements when the BIONIC drops and destroys all previously-conceived notions of what a VZW "superphone" is. It won't have Bing (yay!) I also hear it will launch a shuttle AND cook nachos with melted cheese perfection! Well, not really....

Bryan

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Check THIS out!

To the OP, if you decide to jump the Sprint ship back to VZW, you would probably feel right at home with the Thunderbolt. I have a DInc2 (which will be getting Gingerbread, by the way), and while I love the form factor, the Thunderbolt matches up nicely with the Evo and it's LTE, baby! As bkorver said, it's already rooted, so there are a lot of possibilities to customize it to your liking. I claim ignorance on the Charge, but it's my understanding that it is already rooted as well. Bottom line, you DO have options even if the manufacturers provide less than timely updates.

bkorver: We'll see about your Motorola statements when the BIONIC drops and destroys all previously-conceived notions of what a VZW "superphone" is. It won't have Bing (yay!) I also hear it will launch a shuttle AND cook nachos with melted cheese perfection! Well, not really....

Bryan

*co-sign*

Sent from my Gingerbread HTC Speedy.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Bryan... I'm typing this because I am too lazy to turn around and say it to your face... I agree whole heartedly that the Bionic will be a beast. Of that I have no doubt. But seeing how the main interface to a touch screen phone is in fact the screen, pentile technology has to come a long way to impress me, as does Moto Blur. Exibit 1: Droid X 2. Go down to the VZW Store on 123rd and Play with one... and make sure you stand by the windows and get a little sunlight on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis