Really Verizon

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so lets start from the beginning, I got my droid eris around january of last year and after about 4 months had to get a replacement because of a trackball issue. My next replacement was about 8 months after when the power button went out, about 3 days later was because of capacitive buttons and now I have one with a "lifting" screen where dust is actually collecting dust under it. I call verizon and they say because I didnt call when I first got the replacement I have to go to store to make sure I didnt cause it. Alright no problem. I go to the store and they send me a 4th ERIS! Are you serious!? My experience with these "phones" have been so terrible I would rather have my LG voyager back so I dont have to deal with it. The best part is my brother just dropped his and called asurion to do a claim and got his today. Brand new phone with no defects at all, working better than when he had it before.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No im completely fine with what they did. It was more along the lines of how terrible the quality of replacements they have. Why not just spend 50$ and do a asurion claim and get a pretty much new phone?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I tend to view wireless insurance as a scam, but do you have it? Might be better off ordering a Droid Incredible. They should be pretty cheap right now.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Alright so lets start from the beginning, I got my droid eris around january of last year and after about 4 months had to get a replacement because of a trackball issue. My next replacement was about 8 months after when the power button went out, about 3 days later was because of capacitive buttons and now I have one with a "lifting" screen where dust is actually collecting dust under it. I call verizon and they say because I didnt call when I first got the replacement I have to go to store to make sure I didnt cause it. Alright no problem. I go to the store and they send me a 4th ERIS! Are you serious!? My experience with these "phones" have been so terrible I would rather have my LG voyager back so I dont have to deal with it. The best part is my brother just dropped his and called asurion to do a claim and got his today. Brand new phone with no defects at all, working better than when he had it before.

Your warranty is actually through HTC, Verizon just makes the process a lot simpler by offering in store swaps. The problem with this though is that they will often do an exchange for a customer's phone on something HTC would not cover.

How it works is if the claim is something that HTC is valid (and not user error), they will ship Verizon either a new or factory refurbished device.

If HTC does not accept the claim, then Verizon is left with a broken phone. So they attempt to fix it themselves, with varying degrees of success (though more often then not, it's not horrible. Remember, people rarely post about positive or average experiences).

Now, when a phone is new, a majority of replacements will be HTC replacements, or devices that were returned under the WFG. But as the years go out, those replacements are steadily replaced with Verizon refurbished devices, and when those refurbs are exchanged they are fixed again and put back into the pool.

Since we're almost 2 years out, I'm willing to bet that most of the refurbs out there will be Verizon fixed and not HTC models.

That being said, we did a warranty claim for my dad on his OG droid last month, and I swear they sent him what looked like a brand new phone as a replacement.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I tend to view wireless insurance as a scam, but do you have it? Might be better off ordering a Droid Incredible. They should be pretty cheap right now.

Wireless insurance is largely a scam. I'm not saying that people shouldn't protect their investment, but Asurion has to be making a killing on that insurance, or they are doing something wrong.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My experience with insurance is that it becomes a rip off after a while, but CAN be a good deal for a while.
I was robbed in may and my droid x was stolen. The phone was purchased in july 2010. I have been paying $7 a month insurance, for ten months, so ok $70. The deductible was $90. But wait! No 16gb sd card, now I have to rebuy that, so $30. Alright, total of $190. A used droid x can easily be found in my market on craigslist for $200-250. So not much difference.

HOWEVER-- the best part is I received my phone basically next day (incident was on a wed night, I had my phone friday)... And it's a lot harder to mess around with craigslist when you don't have your phone!

But now I'm going to cancel it, and I mainly encourage anyone to cancel after a year, b/c you get into a situation where you are paying more than it's worth. The year mark is pretty much where you've put around $100 into it, plus you have your deductible, plus you do not receive important things like the proper sd card! Insurance is always a gamble, in anything. Phew, that's my take.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My experience with insurance is that it becomes a rip off after a while, but CAN be a good deal for a while.
I was robbed in may and my droid x was stolen. The phone was purchased in july 2010. I have been paying $7 a month insurance, for ten months, so ok $70. The deductible was $90. But wait! No 16gb sd card, now I have to rebuy that, so $30. Alright, total of $190. A used droid x can easily be found in my market on craigslist for $200-250. So not much difference.

HOWEVER-- the best part is I received my phone basically next day (incident was on a wed night, I had my phone friday)... And it's a lot harder to mess around with craigslist when you don't have your phone!

But now I'm going to cancel it, and I mainly encourage anyone to cancel after a year, b/c you get into a situation where you are paying more than it's worth. The year mark is pretty much where you've put around $100 into it, plus you have your deductible, plus you do not receive important things like the proper sd card! Insurance is always a gamble, in anything. Phew, that's my take.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I got a new sd card when my phone was stolen once they ask if you had any accessories with it and they will replace those also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2