TB vs charge vs revo vs inc2..... Help!

thump82

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm relatively new to the forum and looking for some advice. I have a droid x that I bought last october but got "the bug" to get a new phone and bought an iphone sunday (lesson learned, I returned it today). I've now been looking at the thunderbolt, charge, inc2 and the revolution. I am a bit confused to say the least. Not sure if 4g is a factor for me as I live on the outskirts of civilization. What I do care about is lag of the interface, call quality, signal reception, camera picture quality and basic user friendliness. I'm not opposed to using another interface or rom but am not much of a techie soit would need to be fairly simple to do. Thanks in advance for any input, will be greatly appreciated!

-Tyler

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you posted this while most of us were sleeping. Chill out! To answer your question, you should probably decide whether or not LTE is something you want. Personally, I only have experience with the Thunderbolt and the DInc2. I've played with the others in the store, but perhaps those with more experience can chime in here. Both the Thunderbolt and DInc2 seem very similar to me. I suppose they should, given they have essentially the same internals (minus the LTE radio in the DInc2, of course). The Sense UI is probably one of the best out there. With the Bolt, you're stepping up to a 4.3" screen as opposed to the 4" on the DInc2. Obviously, the Bolt has the LTE radio while the DInc2, a world capable phone, does not. But the larger screen and thirsty LTE radio make the Bolt a bit of a battery hog. I suspect the experience would be similar on the Charge and the Revolution as well, but again, no real experience with them. The DInc2, while still maybe not quite up to par with the iPhone, has excellent battery life. Radios are similar, but I believe the Bolt's have been updated for better reception. I believe this will happen with the DInc2 as well, eventually. I chose the DInc2 over the Thunderbolt because I wasn't convinced I needed LTE, and I like the form factor of the DInc2 better. 4" is the sweet spot for screen size in my opinion. I've said it elseware on these forums, but the Incredible 2 has got to be one the the best 3G phones out there right now. It just works. YMMV,

Bryan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63