So does Verizon know that it is half way through March already and they have not made the caller ID free like they said they would. Wish they would just let us use the Samsung phone app instead of the limited one
    03-17-2019 05:20 PM
    So does Verizon know that it is half way through March already and they have not made the caller ID free like they said they would. Wish they would just let us use the Samsung phone app instead of the limited one
    They aren't making caller ID free I don't believe.. just the spam call.

Also yeah they definitely know. They said in March. Technically March isn't over so... We continue waiting.
    03-18-2019 07:36 PM
    Well did they say what year, maybe not this March 😄
    VZWsucks likes this.
    03-18-2019 08:17 PM
    Well did they say what year, maybe not this March
    Yeah they posted it in 2019 and said coming "This March" which would imply this year (2019) .
    03-19-2019 11:27 AM
    coming soon is something I don't trust from Verizon. can't remember but they had something coming soon about the BlackBerry PRIV once and it became a running joke
    03-19-2019 06:58 PM
    coming soon is something I don't trust from Verizon. can't remember but they had something coming soon about the BlackBerry PRIV once and it became a running joke
    I think this is actually coming. I just think they aren't in a rush.
    03-20-2019 08:45 PM
    Maybe it will be any day now (not much time left in this month).

This article seems to indicate later this week.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookec.../#20d14da719dd
    03-24-2019 09:47 PM
    Maybe it will be any day now (not much time left in this month).

This article seems to indicate later this week.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookec.../#20d14da719dd
    It is out now. Go under products and you can select "Call Filter Free" . I added it to all my lines.
    Attached Thumbnails free Caller ID in March?-call_filter_free.png  
    Wolfie410 likes this.
    03-25-2019 10:44 AM
    FYI see above .
    03-25-2019 10:45 AM
    So what's the step by step process to get the free version? The Call Filter app in the play store isn't compatible with my LG V20. According to Verizon's site, that app use to be the Caller Name ID app, which I do have but it is not giving me the free version option when I try to sign up. Digging on the Verizon website, I did find the spam filter page, but again, it only offers me the paid version to sign up with. I did see an asterisk note that there's a free version available on the paid version's sign up page, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The V20 is listed on their site as a compatible phone. I thought maybe it's because I haven't taken the Oreo update, but they have much older LG phones listed as compatible that aren't even on Nougat.
    03-25-2019 09:39 PM
    So what's the step by step process to get the free version? The Call Filter app in the play store isn't compatible with my LG V20. According to Verizon's site, that app use to be the Caller Name ID app, which I do have but it is not giving me the free version option when I try to sign up. Digging on the Verizon website, I did find the spam filter page, but again, it only offers me the paid version to sign up with. I did see an asterisk note that there's a free version available on the paid version's sign up page, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The V20 is listed on their site as a compatible phone. I thought maybe it's because I haven't taken the Oreo update, but they have much older LG phones listed as compatible that aren't even on Nougat.
    Per Verizon my S8 is compatible but the Play Store says it isn't
    03-28-2019 01:02 PM
    Per Verizon my S8 is compatible but the Play Store says it isn't
    I finally got signed up via the website (they must have updated since my comment, because the free version wasn't available at first. It did say it could take up to 4 weeks for the app to update, so hopefully that happens and we can get in to it.
    03-28-2019 01:09 PM
    so we can continue to wait
    03-28-2019 03:37 PM
    So there is an app download in addition to signing up for the "free" service on the Verizon website?
    04-04-2019 06:50 AM
    So there is an app download in addition to signing up for the "free" service on the Verizon website?
    The app (which you may already have) is called "Call Filter". The call blocking and reporting are functions that seem to be done at the user/phone level.

Link to app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vzw.ecid
    04-07-2019 07:49 AM
    Just searched AC about this crap and found this topic. Apparently this was installed on my phone with an update, because I would never knowingly install ANYTHING of Verizon's.

Before anyone does install it, I would check out the reviews in the Playstore, not to mention the permissions. Sadly, I wasn't surprised.

*EDIT* Apparently you cannot uninstall it, however with some apps you can disable it.
    04-07-2019 07:54 AM
    Just searched AC about this crap and found this topic. Apparently this was installed on my phone with an update, because I would never knowingly install ANYTHING of Verizon's.

Before anyone does install it, I would check out the reviews in the Playstore, not to mention the permissions. Sadly, I wasn't surprised.

*EDIT* Apparently you cannot uninstall it, however with some apps you can disable it.
    It actually works really well.. keep in mind that a lot of the reviews are old and are mainly mad at it costing money (which was stupid but that's the reason for most bad reviews).
    04-07-2019 08:39 AM
    not free for Verizon S8 owners as of today. only version available is the paid one
    04-10-2019 10:51 PM
    Just installed/enabled the FREE version on two phones (V30 and S9 Note) by chatting with Verizon. Strange thing is this APP does not show up anywhere on both of the phones, except by going to the PLAY Store > My Apps > Installed > scroll down. Then I can open the app and change the settings.

Shall see if it works, my GF was getting 5 spam calls a day despite being signed up for federal no call list.
    04-12-2019 12:01 PM