I am a long time Verizon customer (over 10 years). Why does my new unlocked Samsung Note 10+ phone have poor cellular signal reception while indoors at home (barely 1 or 2 bars)? My previous Samsung S9 phone also had exactly the same problem. My phone has this same problem while indoors in other locations in other cities. This means I can barely make or receive phone calls, and internet reception is terrible. But when I'm outside or in most public places, my cell signal is usually okay. I live in a large metropolitan city, so this shouldn't be a problem.
    09-09-2019 12:11 PM
    09-09-2019 12:24 PM
    I am a long time Verizon customer (over 10 years). Why does my new unlocked Samsung Note 10+ phone have poor cellular signal reception while indoors at home (barely 1 or 2 bars)? My previous Samsung S9 phone also had exactly the same problem. My phone has this same problem while indoors in other locations in other cities. This means I can barely make or receive phone calls, and internet reception is terrible. But when I'm outside or in most public places, my cell signal is usually okay. I live in a large metropolitan city, so this shouldn't be a problem.
    Was your previous phones unlocked also?
    09-09-2019 12:25 PM
    Yes, my previous S9 phone was also unlocked.

Years ago, my Note 2 and Note 3 phones were (locked) from Verizon directly, but I don't remember cell signal quality on those phones cuz it was so long ago.
    09-09-2019 12:28 PM

Years ago, my Note 2 and Note 3 phones were (locked) from Verizon directly, but I don't remember cell signal quality on those phones cuz it was so long ago.
    I think with certain carriers dont work well with unlocked version of Samsung.
    My tmobile on unlocked is great , my Att very poor 2 to 3 bars most sometimes zero
    09-09-2019 01:11 PM
    You can flash to carrier firmware see if you can get that carrier aggression
    09-09-2019 01:11 PM
    You can flash to carrier firmware see if you can get that carrier aggression
    Meaning to have Verizon branded on my un-locked phone? Hmm...no. I really like the unlocked version better, much less bloatware baked into the OS. From now on, I will only buy unlocked phones.
    09-09-2019 01:35 PM

On second thought, I do recall my previous Note 3 Verizon branded phone also had poor signal issues. Yes, I'm certain of it.
    09-09-2019 01:37 PM
    Meaning to have Verizon branded on my un-locked phone? Hmm...no. I really like the unlocked version better, much less bloatware baked into the OS. From now on, I will only buy unlocked phones.
    I agree with that ..but I'm struggling with Att on my unlocked version
    09-09-2019 01:37 PM
    On second thought, I do recall my previous Note 3 Verizon branded phone also had poor signal issues. Yes, I'm certain of it.
    I noticed with the S10+ and note 10+ the reception is worse in low signal areas. I drop calls in areas my note 9 worked fine. It's a known low signal area, but the s10 and note 10 drop the calls. So I think Samsung is the blame here. And I also agree the note 3 had bad reception, Samsung was known for bad reception back then, and it appears they are on that road again.
    10-08-2019 05:10 AM
    I’d like y’all to install a app called signal check. It’s safe. It will tell you you -dB levels. NEVER look at bars. Bars mean NOTHING, they can be changed at anytime and never represent what’s actually going on. I felt like my note 10+ when I had it was pretty good.
    10-08-2019 02:13 PM
    I’d like y’all to install a app called signal check. It’s safe. It will tell you you -dB levels. NEVER look at bars. Bars mean NOTHING, they can be changed at anytime and never represent what’s actually going on. I felt like my note 10+ when I had it was pretty good.
    I'm not looking at bars. I'm going my behavior. I drop calls where my note 9, note 8 did not.
    10-08-2019 03:43 PM