Ported number from Tmobile not getting 2FA texts

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has encountered this before:

I just switched to Verizon from Tmobile on Friday and ported my numbers over but neither of our phones are receiving 2FA texts. I've enabled premium texting in the settings menu. This is a bit of a pain since we also took advantage of the current Galaxy S10 BOGO deal so we have new phones and Amazon, Steam, our banks, etc are all set up on 2FA. Normal texts are fine and I'm getting them from family/friends just fine.

I figured it was just a hiccup from porting but it's been a few days now and still not getting anything.

If you had trouble did it clear up after a few business days or did you have to go back to the verizon store and have them try to port the numbers over again?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done it, but I'd go into a Verizon store (company store, not affiliate) and ask them to please fix the situation up. They simply could have provisioned the accounts incorrectly. (Removing them, then entering them again, could clear it up.)

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done it, but I'd go into a Verizon store (company store, not affiliate) and ask them to please fix the situation up. They simply could have provisioned the accounts incorrectly. (Removing them, then entering them again, could clear it up.)

Thanks! stopped by the store today and got it resolved. They had put the wrong PIN for our Tmobile account so Tmobile wasn't handing off the numbers completely. By today the issue worsened to not being able to receive calls, voicemails (I guess they were being left on Tmobile?) and group texts. I was still able to use data, make outgoing calls and text to individual numbers. Since we handed over our old phones to the vzw on Friday we didn't have our old tmobile SIMs either so I guess if anyone left a voicemail then they probably think I'm ghosting them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood