Verizon kinda sucks!

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to stay off verizon but their coverage in my area is king by far. Now their phones have finally caught up. But, jeez, not only making us pay for visual voice mail, but blocking the ability to charge after market batteries sucks backside! Couldn't use two batteries I had from my Epic 4g even though one is a Samsung brand until I rooted.

So what else is gonna chap my hyde as a newcomer to the big, bad V folks?
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to stay off verizon but their coverage in my area is king by far. Now their phones have finally caught up. But, jeez, not only making us pay for visual voice mail, but blocking the ability to charge after market batteries sucks backside! Couldn't use two batteries I had from my Epic 4g even though one is a Samsung brand until I rooted.

So what else is gonna chap my hyde as a newcomer to the big, bad V folks?
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

This phone is great once u read and get to know the ins and outs. Read the stickies and have fun with the phone. Also let me reccomend google voice to you. Same as visual voice mail but its freeeee:) let me know if you have any questions we r here to help.

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in southwestern Pa. Had AT&T for at time based solely on the iPhone (nobody really had a good alternative back then) then went to Sprint and the Evo. But I decided this time to purchase based on coverage and speed instead of the phone itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the Fascinate! And I am rooted and using Voice but I still think Verizon does some questionable things to make a few extra bucks. I mean how do you block the use/charging of a battery made by the same manufacturer as the phone which is identical in every way save for having a VZW: #?

Scottyb112

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in southwestern Pa. Had AT&T for at time based solely on the iPhone (nobody really had a good alternative back then) then went to Sprint and the Evo. But I decided this time to purchase based on coverage and speed instead of the phone itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the Fascinate! And I am rooted and using Voice but I still think Verizon does some questionable things to make a few extra bucks. I mean how do you block the use/charging of a battery made by the same manufacturer as the phone which is identical in every way save for having a VZW: #?
Thats not 100% true.. I have verizon, and used batteries from other motorola phones on mine, even from a diff carrier. just double check that there is no pin difference and that the battery is ment to match up correctly on your new phone.. Manufacturers usually do that so you cant use other batteries and have to buy a new one, not the carrier!