Firstly my Verizon account is paid up, I checked twice. Secondly my phone appears to be working just as well as before. However ...
    I noticed today, while we were out on an errand, a Android 10 update (?) wanted a restart. But I did not invoke it until I was at home.
    Almost immediately after the restart the phone is ringing and it's reporting that Voicemail(!) is calling me. (Is that even possible?)
    Confused, I answered. Bad decision because a male heavily accented make voice answered followed by an accented, oriental & feminine voice.
    Their message was that my account was frozen or something because I hadn't paid! WTF!??
    I cut the connection and tried, (tried!) without success to call a real live Verizon rep to report this.
    Hah! Impossible to reach a real live Verizon person, I gave it two tries through the "My Verizon app and then an 800 number, and quit.
    Please somebody tell me that there's a way to talk with a real person and not some idiotically programmed answering system.
    Anyway - Verizon, if you are listening (and I think not) we are about to go to new phones and that truely memorable response will help me decide.
    12-03-2019 04:56 PM
    Purely coincidence. The Pixel updates were released this week, I assume you have one of those. It's entirely possible your phone downloaded the update while you were at home and completed the processing while you were away from home to then prompt you for the restart. This can happen because of the way Pixel devices update.

Spammer can spoof any number they want to, that's what you saw and was pure coincidence that it happened right after the restart for the update.
    Ry likes this.
    12-03-2019 05:20 PM
    Thanks
    12-04-2019 05:58 AM
    Verizon has had a computer answering system for years to direct calls instead of human operators. I haven't called in a few years but I found it easy to get someone on the line. I think pressing 0 forces it to a person.

I usually go on their website and use the chat function, I find the reps are more helpful that way.
    12-04-2019 09:04 AM
    The last time I called Verizon, the phone tree wasn't too horrible. I've also found Facebook messaging them to be fairly responsive (plus you get a paper trail).

As for that spam call, yeah, just ignore it.
    Ry likes this.
    12-04-2019 09:12 AM