Woot $239 + $5 shipping

bullitt5094

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Now dead of-course.

Woot has the GTab for $239 plus $5 shipping today. Woot? : One Day, One Deal Best deal on it I've seen so far. Very tempted to pull the trigger. What is the battery life on the G. I have a Nook Color with CM7 and love it but would like to have something that lasts at least two days on a charge while traveling.

Last edited:

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Woot today! Still messing and getting familiar with it. I've been on this forum in the EVO Shift forum for a little bit. I need to search around here and see how to do things with the new tablet. So far I like it from the limited amount of hands on time I've had. It feels pretty solid if nothing else. Screen isn't as bad as I was lead to believe. Not fantastic but very viewable. Hope you get yours soon

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping mine arrives tomorrow. It left Atlanta today on it's trip from TX to TN, so hopefully the postal carrier stops by my doorstop in the morning. :)

I've been researching ROMs and trying to figure out which way to go. I guess it all depends on which apps I want to use, and how much camera/video access I want (FroYo vs, Gingerbread vs. Honeycomb). Seems like FroYo has better capabilities, even though it is an older OS, since the source code is out for it. The newer OS versions seem tot be coming along, even though there are still some bugs here and there.

I think this will be the first Android device I've own that has had so many ROM choices!

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had more time to mess with mine. A few things I haven't figured out yet. First off which OS to change too, there are so many like you say it's downright confusing. Also, I have not been able to figure out how to do a cut and paste of text. Not sure it's possible. Also, I've tried a few of the free apps to move apps to the external memory SD card but none work so far, they just crash when try to move stuff. It would be great to be able to use easytether. I've loaded it but no go, alhough I did not expect it to. I was able to get AmazonAppstore to load that was a plus. Anyway I just have to search around more I guess.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on Saturday. I chose three ROMs to try, figuring that as long as I can flash something else, I'd play before loading up what I want to keep. The tricky part was getting CWM to come up. I had to run recovery tools to switch from stock recovery to CWM. After that, it was easy to make backups and flash ROMs.

For now, I settled on VEGAn-Tab 7.1. Almost all of my apps loaded just fine and work. There are a few I still need to figure out (like Order & Chaos), but there aren't many. The UI is easy to use and I'm quite happy with the gTablet.

I keep watching the HC ROMs. Looks like they have made a lot of progress with it. For now, I'm happy with Gingerbread on here. :)

just_a_guy

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I got my gtab from woot today. The device seems nice but I thought it would work on Google's app store and be able to run Netflix. Any suggestions on where to go to learn how to get those items on this tablet? So far it looks like ill have to root the gtab to get what I was expecting out of it

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Try this page raywaldo.com/2011/09/updated-netflix-on-gtab

I think the rooting instructions looked easy, just follow all the steps.

DJROD

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is coming in this friday. Mannnnnnn i cant wait. Its got VEGAn TAB already on it with Android 2.3. Im super set. I cannot wait. Got mine for 250.00 free shipping. Not too bad.

jedibbq

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If looking for a g tab I suggest checking out Buy.com! Also try Googling Buy.com coupons they can be applied to your orders. Up to 30 bucks off sometimes!!

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Camera works in Vegan-Tab 7.1 Gingerbread (RC1). Video seems to record, but I haven't been able to get it to play back using the default viewer (it might play with another viewer). I think the only thing that I wasn't able to get to work was the voice recorder. It seems to fail when it goes to save the file - couldn't find any settings to help with that. Most other apps work (Marketplace, Google Apps...), although I haven't tested Tango yet to see if video chat works. All of my business apps run, so that is a good thing.

I wish there was a repository for listing which apps work with which ROMs, and any workarounds to get things working. I have a few apps that run great on my SGS, but don't run on Vegan.

Order & Chaos installs just fine from the Marketplace, but I get a message that it is incompatible with my device when I try to run it. I think I saw somewhere that someone got it running. I just have to hunt down where I saw that information.

Need For Speed Shift also installs, but fails connecting to their server to download the additional files. There hasn't been a resolution to that anywhere I have looked.

I tried one of the Tegra Zone games (free first portion of the game) and the graphics are sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool