G Tablet Dead?

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Based on the new threads created here and what else I've seen on the net it appears that the G Tablet has faded away and died. Sad that the lifespan of electronics now is measured out in months instead of years.

Anyone else feel this way?

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The g tablet is very much alive. With the new price of $250 people are getting them left and right and it has a huge developer community with awesome support.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the GTablet seems to be very much alive. Check out the threads on SlateDroid. There are a couple of devs that are very active.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Flashback 8.0 using Tapatalk

leichtamer

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Based on the new threads created here and what else I've seen on the net it appears that the G Tablet has faded away and died. Sad that the lifespan of electronics now is measured out in months instead of years.

Anyone else feel this way?

I received my G Tablet not three weeks ago for $250 and already flashed a new ROM (VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony - Gingerbread). The only problem with the G Tablet is the Worthless Tap-n-Tap UI that covers the true potential of the device.
With the new ROM installed the device is fast, responsive, and gives me a small fraction of the errors and incompatibilities that I encountered with the stock ROM.

Many thanks to the extraordinarily talented and knowledgeable folks over at XDA-Developers for supporting this tablet and also some ridiculously easy - straight-forward instructions given at the Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies site, I now have a fully functional tablet that I am very pleased to own.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, based on what is being said here it appears that our beloved tablets are still noteworthy. I've been holding off on updating mine but no longer. I really hate the speed issues and other stupid things I've run into.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
With the price down to the level of the Nook Color, I decided to jump on the woot.com special. I should have my gTablet by Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Interesting note. On the Viewsonic website, the updates page for the gTablet has a link to XDA-Developers forum. Really interesting to see the manufacturer directing people over there.

DJROD

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The opposite. It seems SUPER alive. With all the hacks they are making still to. On XDA and a few other sites. Its one of the top Tablets out there AFTER you get it ROOTED that is.