Based on the new threads created here and what else I've seen on the net it appears that the G Tablet has faded away and died. Sad that the lifespan of electronics now is measured out in months instead of years.

Anyone else feel this way?
    09-08-2011 07:07 AM
    The g tablet is very much alive. With the new price of $250 people are getting them left and right and it has a huge developer community with awesome support.
    09-09-2011 07:31 AM
    Yes, the GTablet seems to be very much alive. Check out the threads on SlateDroid. There are a couple of devs that are very active.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Flashback 8.0 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 08:38 PM
    I'm still getting one

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk
    09-14-2011 10:27 PM
    Based on the new threads created here and what else I've seen on the net it appears that the G Tablet has faded away and died. Sad that the lifespan of electronics now is measured out in months instead of years.

Anyone else feel this way?
    I received my G Tablet not three weeks ago for $250 and already flashed a new ROM (VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony - Gingerbread). The only problem with the G Tablet is the Worthless Tap-n-Tap UI that covers the true potential of the device.
    With the new ROM installed the device is fast, responsive, and gives me a small fraction of the errors and incompatibilities that I encountered with the stock ROM.

Many thanks to the extraordinarily talented and knowledgeable folks over at XDA-Developers for supporting this tablet and also some ridiculously easy - straight-forward instructions given at the Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies site, I now have a fully functional tablet that I am very pleased to own.
    09-18-2011 02:54 AM
    Ok, based on what is being said here it appears that our beloved tablets are still noteworthy. I've been holding off on updating mine but no longer. I really hate the speed issues and other stupid things I've run into.
    09-21-2011 08:01 AM
    With the price down to the level of the Nook Color, I decided to jump on the woot.com special. I should have my gTablet by Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Interesting note. On the Viewsonic website, the updates page for the gTablet has a link to XDA-Developers forum. Really interesting to see the manufacturer directing people over there.
    09-21-2011 09:16 AM
    The opposite. It seems SUPER alive. With all the hacks they are making still to. On XDA and a few other sites. Its one of the top Tablets out there AFTER you get it ROOTED that is.
    09-28-2011 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD