Bricked this viewsonic g need some help

Bryan Nugent1

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This view sonic worked completely fine until the kids left it turned on and killed the battery. It was stuck at the 3 birds screen. I was able to access the recovery screen and tried to do a factory restore. It is now completely stuck at the 3 birds screen and will not enter recovery mode (power plus + volume). I was able to connect it to my computer using a usb cord and found a driver to get it to enter APX mode (Power plus - volume). Tablet shows as a APX device under printers in my windows 7 computer. I am completely stuck now concerning what I do to get the computer to see the tablet so I can access the root directory (not sure if that is right but I hope you get the idea of what I am trying to do) I have an external SD card and not sure if that is what I use to get the tablet to boot correctly. ANY help is appreciated.

Jeffrey Cook

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Power off the unit.
****DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU CAN DAMAGE THE COVER DOING THIS! ****
Take out the four screws under the rubber caps on the under side of the G-Tab.
Then pop the case apart carefully....
Near the center of the curcuit board that you exposed there is a RESET button.
Press it with the Power off you should then see the screen come to life and boot normally.
Good Luck ....
:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton