[How-To] Install a custom (and good!) ROM on the gTablet

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
ok im new to modding, can you link me a idiots guide to making my GTab worth keeping? as of right now it cant stand to even power it up. but everything i read tells me it has the potential to be the best tablet on the market right now. just seems VS needs to get on the ball software wise. i would like this tablet to operate just as my droid x does, and i was told it can.. thanks in advance

g8rzz187

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Nailed it...

Your post reads like "Mayhem" sounds in the Allstate Ins. commercials...

I've been lurking through all the xda forums, YouTube posts, etc. trying to piece together the exact process for this. This is the first, concrete, description detailed specifically for a noob I've found so far. Witty, too.

Hope other people like myself are able to find this. Thanks for posting it.

One question - what does the Clockwork recovery offer over the stock recovery?

Thanks again...

kadinldg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got this tablet and have never rooted any device before or updated a ROM. The instructions in this thread were the most straight forward and easy to do. And what a difference it makes on this device. I have also bricked the GTab already and reflashed it just as easy.

Kudos to the writer.

There is some great info in regards to the GTab over at DroidPirate.com also.

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
g8rzz187;460131 ...I've been lurking through all the xda forums said:
I whole heartedly agree! The op needs to post this at xda in their gtab section.

Sent from my Xtremely Syndicate Epic using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I still can't get the market to work..nothing from google appears and none of my purchased apps are there.. followed the directions the letter.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Got it working.. the OP's post is clear, concise and is very easy to follow.

On the flipside, I don't get why people on other forums just assume people know what they are doing.. If you read the instructions on tegratab.com the dude that posts about installing the CM ROM, I want to punch him in the face.. half the links dont work, some of what he's talking about doesn't make sense.. he assumes the world is fully of modders and can figure it out.

Thanks OP for making your post legible and easy to understand.

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I went through these steps, rooted, flashed tnt_lite, moved it to the recovery folder, then flashed the supplemental. Now it's stuck in a cycle of showing the "Viewsonic See the difference." screen and then "gtablet" screen.

Is there any way to break this cycle and recover back to a previous rom?

kraz33

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I thought it was tnt_lite so I went back to vanilla. Using the same method as described above (mounting sd card, removing tnt_lite, placing vanilla in its stead & installing update.zip). It didn't work. But, I didn't remove any of the other apks. Do I remove the flash, Titanium & z4root from the sd folder before going back to vanilla?

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Still not able to do this. Tried it on a 2nd tablet, and it got stuck in the loop cycle after flashing the TNTLite rom. I can boot once after the update, but any subsequent reboots get it stuck between the first 2 boot screens. I was able to recover this time with instructions on XDA.

Anyone else having this problem?

kraz33

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Still not able to do this. Tried it on a 2nd tablet, and it got stuck in the loop cycle after flashing the TNTLite rom. I can boot once after the update, but any subsequent reboots get it stuck between the first 2 boot screens. I was able to recover this time with instructions on XDA.

Anyone else having this problem?

Can you post the link from XDA?

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I was finally able to get this working. Not sure what I did wrong before, but I followed the instructions here, and now it's working. And boy is it ever pretty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar