just figured i'd let everyone know that sears has already started black friday pricing on the viewsonic gtab... $379 after rebate and in stock/shipping right now! i was skeptical about ordering this tablet at first, but the hardware seems GREAT and the software can easily be changed with a root/custom ROM.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

kinda makes paying $500+ for a similarly equipped ipad seem ridiculous.

EDIT: wow, that was quick! rebate is now for a free dock, instead of $20. price is now $399.99.
    11-25-2010 09:12 PM
    Looks pretty awesome. Please update after you get it and let us know how you like it. Im seriously considering ordering it myself.
    11-28-2010 04:31 AM
    The screen is horrible and that's the part of the device you must use all the time.
    11-28-2010 07:36 AM
    The screen is horrible and that's the part of the device you must use all the time.
    o_O It's not horrible by any means. It's pretty decent. Nothing earth shattering but not horrible.
    11-28-2010 11:19 AM
    o_O It's not horrible by any means. It's pretty decent. Nothing earth shattering but not horrible.
    Only way I can say its decent is when you are viewing the sweet spot which is only accomplished by not moving your head or the device the slightest bit directly head on at no angle.
    11-28-2010 09:18 PM
    Only way I can say its decent is when you are viewing the sweet spot which is only accomplished by not moving your head or the device the slightest bit directly head on at no angle.
    You're not paying for a $700 galaxy tab. The screen isn't great, but in normal usage I haven't had any problem seeing it. If this thing had a better mic and screen it would be the best buy on the market, but they had to skimp on something.
    11-28-2010 09:54 PM
    should be here by wednesday at the latest. i will make sure to get some pics and a review up ASAP.
    11-29-2010 02:34 PM

I don't like the screen, but with the different roms I've tested since picking this up on Saturday... this thing is a beast!
    11-29-2010 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD