Feedback from Viewsonic

Irish G

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sent a simple "attaboy" to Viewsonic's PR department the other day and was pleasantly surprised with a fairly prompt response (guess they don't get a lot of attaboys). Had a running dialogue with one of the senior PR folks at Viewsonic. Asked her about video chat programs, whether Viewsonic would update G Tab to Honeycomb after its release, etc. She thought Fring was up and running; squared her away on that note - so she sent me to one of the lead software developers. He said that his team had lost track of all the issues that are well documented on XDA, but were catching up (hence the 24 Jan update). Also was contacted by a third guy - the the VP of Marketing for Viewsonic, who responded to my Honeycomb question with this response: "We cannot comment on OS upgrades at this time."

I will tell you the SW guy was VERY helpful - worked hard to answer several questions - and he also told me they would come out with a "major upgrade around April" that should incorporate the new tablet-capable Skype, etc. But the VP's answer is about as non-committal as you can get. So who knows what the long-range plan is for G Tab. Just thought I'd pass this info along.
Irish

JackedNY

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I install Jan 24 update please?

I downloaded the Viewsonic update and transferred to my GTab but cant seem to get it to install. Can you help please?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sent a simple "attaboy" to Viewsonic's PR department the other day and was pleasantly surprised with a fairly prompt response (guess they don't get a lot of attaboys). Had a running dialogue with one of the senior PR folks at Viewsonic. Asked her about video chat programs, whether Viewsonic would update G Tab to Honeycomb after its release, etc. She thought Fring was up and running; squared her away on that note - so she sent me to one of the lead software developers. He said that his team had lost track of all the issues that are well documented on XDA, but were catching up (hence the 24 Jan update). Also was contacted by a third guy - the the VP of Marketing for Viewsonic, who responded to my Honeycomb question with this response: "We cannot comment on OS upgrades at this time."

I will tell you the SW guy was VERY helpful - worked hard to answer several questions - and he also told me they would come out with a "major upgrade around April" that should incorporate the new tablet-capable Skype, etc. But the VP's answer is about as non-committal as you can get. So who knows what the long-range plan is for G Tab. Just thought I'd pass this info along.
Irish

I think once honeycomb is out, either officially or non officially this tablet is going to be awesome. It's going to go from a $379 tablet to a $579 tablet. (hopefully not realistically, just value wise)

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think once honeycomb is out, either officially or non officially this tablet is going to be awesome. It's going to go from a $379 tablet to a $579 tablet. (hopefully not realistically, just value wise)

Sad to say but i think this thing is dieing off the os is crap and they never marketed it much also the screen is not all that either...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair