I've had my gtablet for a couple weeks now.
    When I first got it...the screen would go dark after the specified time (power saving) but I could still "wake" it up by pressing the power button once.

Now the last week or so, it seems to be shutting down instead of just going to sleep. I seem to have to power it back up after extended periods of time.

I've not sat and timed it to see if it is powering down after the time specified for the screen to turn off...but I know if I set it down and go back to it an hour later - pressing the power button once does not wake it up...I have to press and hold to start it up.

Any ideas?
    05-01-2011 06:42 PM
    Mine seems to be doing that as well. I haven't taken the time yet to figure out why. Also the screen seems to stay on on the lock screen at times. What Rom are you running, if any? I'm using Vegan GE.
    05-02-2011 01:04 AM
    Mine did that as well, but it seems to have stopped. For me I think it was just a matter of patience. When you press the power button it can take between 5 - 10 seconds for it to turn on sometimes, though not sure why. If you press it more than once it can signal it to power down I believe.

In the XDA forums people talked about ways to make sure it didn't happen, but nothing really seemed to make sense other than the obvious answer of not pressing the button too many times too quickly and waiting for it to turn on.
    05-02-2011 04:49 PM
    I have found that it all has to do with how I touch the power button. If I barely press the power button it will turn on just fine. If I hold it too long it will be as if it was totally powered off instead of asleep. I am running Vegan 5.1.1

Is it possible that you are pressing the button just a smidge too long?
    05-02-2011 07:59 PM
    Yep, I think that was the issue. It's pretty sensitive.
    05-03-2011 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD