The "OMG my Evo V 4g is here!!" Thread

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
VM allowed direct orders at their site last night, so I ordered it and paid $12 for expedite shipping. It was showing in stock and was supposed to ship today with overnight service.
However, since I did not get any confirmation Emails after placing an order and order status was not working, I called CS and after talking to 3 drones I found its already on backorder and no one knows when it will ship. Needless to say there is no point complaining to CS drones as they know less than nothing.

dcannoli

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere U.S. Customs may have delayed entrance into the US. They have done this before, due to possible Apple patent issues. I hope this is not the case, I wanted this phone yesterday!

correirb

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
THis is crazy. People who ordered yesterday and requested overnight shipping have had theirs shipped and some received them already.

Those who ordered a week ago and requested 2 day or standard shipping have not had theirs shipped yet.

Now that is extremely annoying.:mad:

Reactions: _Severability_

nuttyandroid

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
THis is crazy. People who ordered yesterday and requested overnight shipping have had theirs shipped and some received them already.

Those who ordered a week ago and requested 2 day or standard shipping have not had theirs shipped yet.

Now that is extremely annoying.:mad:

That is. Not fair at all.

Sent from my cave

Last edited:

nuttyandroid

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try calling I'm told that someone got through and spoke to a live person. They say that all the pre-orders will be filled later on on 5/31. 6/1 at the latest. They are just awaiting the product to arrive at the warehouse. Which makes no sense.

So...

I will believe it when I see it.

Now I was told my order won't be shipped until Monday. Fml

Sent from my cave

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I really hope this gets a a strong dev community like the Optimus has. It will take while I'm sure but I can't see this not getting some awesome roms.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I want this phone so bad but my OV is fine, plus I want a ps vita more ;P

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 31st. Immediately backordered. First shipping date was set back one day, then two, and now when I check my order status there isn't even an expected ship date anymore!!

This is some bullcrap, seriously. Anyone know if it is possible to cancel orders thru Virgin Mobile? I mean, my debit card hasn't even been charged for the Evo yet for crying out loud and now I have no expected ship date so there is really no point in trying anymore. I'll just wait until Virgin gets this sorted out. I am infuriated that the launch for this phone hasn't been handled better.

nuttyandroid

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 31st. Immediately backordered. First shipping date was set back one day, then two, and now when I check my order status there isn't even an expected ship date anymore!!

This is some bullcrap, seriously. Anyone know if it is possible to cancel orders thru Virgin Mobile? I mean, my debit card hasn't even been charged for the Evo yet for crying out loud and now I have no expected ship date so there is really no point in trying anymore. I'll just wait until Virgin gets this sorted out. I am infuriated that the launch for this phone hasn't been handled better.

Just be patient. But mines was shipped by RS so it might be different but wait a while. It's not gonna be out until the 10th of June anyways in stores.

Sent from my cave

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I canceled my order with VM and ordered from RadioShack instead. Even if it takes the same amount of time to ship at least I saved 20 bucks with the coupon code.

Sent from space

anon(194147)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with VM. Ordered it on Thursday with overnight shipping. Yesterday they said it was backordered. I asked to cancel it then they said I would get it in 48 hours. My card still hadn't been charged today and it had not been shipped. I canceled and was lucky enough to find one in a local radioshack. That was the only radio shack around to have one. And they had four! I hope other people have better luck than I did with VM ordering phones.