The "OMG my Evo V 4g is here!!" Thread

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone should ship tomorrow, I cant wait. What I'm wondering is if anyone that has gotten their phone already can tell me if there is a "screen protector", really just a temporary clear film that's meant to be removed, on the screen. As I've bought a case and screen protector for my phone but they wont be here until about a week after I get the phone so I was hoping I would be able to skate by with leaving the temporary one on for a while. ;)

I really have not looked but being this handset is sprint branded it has Gorilla glass and is removable.. Hope you get a new one or someone does if you want a OG EVO lol and see if there is a difference.. Oh yeah player I love mine!!

wickedvt

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy just to know if I'm even going to GET my phone or not, nevermind knowing when. I bought the phone on the Virgin site soon after it was available on 5/31. I never got a confirmation email or anything so I wasn't even sure that the order went through (who doesn't send confirmation emails in 2012?). Then on the 6/3 I get an email saying the following:

"This email is to let you know that we were unable to process your order#XXXXXXXXXX due to an issue with your payment method. Please call 1-888-322-1122. Make sure you have your order # handy when you call. Please respond by 6/10/2012 11:28:19 AM or your order will be cancelled."

I went and pulled the order up online and it said "HOLD" for the status, rather than "BACKORDERED" as it had said previously.

So I call the number, and none of the menu options available have anything to do with "talk to customer service" or "check on an order". I could not for the life of me get the thing to connect me to a person. I finally managed to annoy it enough that it put someone on. The woman I spoke to pulled up my order and said she didn't see any issues with it. I said "so it's ok that it shows HOLD on the order status?" She said it would be fine and I would get a phone as soon as they were in stock.

Two days later and it still says HOLD. I'm going to call again when I get home from work. I'd just cancel and order one from Radio Shack or something but I'm afraid they'll screw that up and still charge me and ship the phone, and I'll have to ship it back on my dime.

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I should have mine a little later!! I ordered it online from Radio Shack on Saturday & I decided to pay extra for the overnight shipping. I'll be picking it up from my local RS this afternoon...I hope!! :D

wrath6647

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
got mine but now it wont activate.. its trying some auto activate option..

I suggest logging in to the virgin mobile website and clicking the "swap phones thing" on the right hand side, it will walk you through setting up your phone, make sure you turn off your current phone too while trying to activate your new phone :).

nuttyandroid

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I suggest logging in to the virgin mobile website and clicking the "swap phones thing" on the right hand side, it will walk you through setting up your phone, make sure you turn off your current phone too while trying to activate your new phone :).

exactly. that auto activate sucks.

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I GOT MINE & IT IS AWESOME...so far!! :D :D :D

I picked it up from my local Radio Shack in Hammond, IN. (via my online order) this afternoon around 2pm (ct). Yes, it is Sprint-branded, like all the rest...for now. I did the online activation with the phone number porting option. I just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile, as they talked to Boost to get my account info in order for me to keep my current number. By 9:30p (ct) or so, the transfer should be complete!!! :)

And it is...DUAL-CORE!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: droidmyme

draetheus

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Picked up mine from Best Buy today. As others have found it has NO Virgin branding whatsoever: Sprint logo in the top right, and no branding on the back cover. Also the 3D function of the camera seems to be working just fine. So yeah its just a flashed Evo 3D. Meaning existing Evo 3D roms only need a few VM specific changes before working on our phones (like MMS). I can't wait! :D

Also I have not experienced any strange issues with the phone. I believe this is because I did the proper order of operations by changing to $35 dollar plan first, THEN doing the phone swap (while both phones were powered off). I cannot vouch for 4G as I live outside of the wimax coverage area. If you can afford it, get this phone!