New to smart phones. Looking to get HTC EVO V 4g

Aiiras

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I really want a smart phone that's in my price range and something new. HTC sounds great though Virgin Mobile. But I'm on the fence, I want to get it, at the same time, it seems many people are having tons of issues, then there is a group of people who have very little issues.

My question, as my first smart phone, is it good? I know there are tons of cons, but the price is right for me.

Last edited:

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I really want a smart phone that's in my price range and something new. HTC sounds great though Virgin Mobile. But I'm on the fence, I want to get it, at the same time, it seems many people are having tons of issues, then there is a group of people who have very little issues.

My question, as my first smart phone, is it good? I know there are tons of cons, but the price is right for me.

30 days to return it if you don't like it.

Rule of the internet: people don't post threads to say they've had no problems whatsoever. You will always only hear about problems just by the nature of what these forums are used for. I've had "problem free" phones before the EVO and I wouldn't switch back to them.

Personally, you should probably pick a cheaper phone to use as your first so that when you finally know Android well enough to know what to expect... and upgrade to the EVO... you'll actually appreciate what you're getting. Everything else will be a step down compared to the EVO if you ever end up having to replace it for some reason.

RG570

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
but on the other hand the evo is on sale now, for 240$ at vm site,and someone suggested using fatwallet you can get another 22$ off ???
probably a good time to grab one, unless you wanna try waiting till holidays

as far as the problem, hard to say, some say there being slammed by it, myself I've had it a handful of times over 3 months , you get 30 days to check it out

good luck

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Airas:
At $240 do not even consider any other phone! I thought my OV was nice, but this blows it away. I did a ton of research, and finally jumped on this phone at the sale price. All I can say is this is a fantastic phone. Remember that most of the negative commentors do not know how to properly(and safely) set up or maintain a phone; and when they screw it up it must be the phone. It rarely is the phone. Even when there is a real problem rarely is it the phone. More often it is a carrier and/or software problem. You owe it to yourself to buy and try this phone. You won't regret it.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
People come to forums when they have issues or they want to root, hack etc. If everything is working great it seems sort of pointless to start a thread saying HEY GUYS MY PHONE IS WORKING PERFECTLY GREAT.

My advice, go for it, I love it.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with koopakid08. GO FOR IT! You'll love life as an android owner. And he's also right about people only posting requests for info or help if their phones are screwed.
BUT.. there's also TONS of knowledgeable advice to help you along, even if your phone isn't screwed up. We have the best HOW TO GUIDES on the planet. They contain
useful advice on whatever you need know, to turn your new gadget into your new best friend. Do It, and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!!!

lEquin0xl

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually got it at Radioshack for 220$. The only small problem would be the radio error message when texting but its not something that happens always. I got it around twice or three times since I got my EVO last month.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781