Evo V 4G or Samsung Galaxy Reverb

chantheman31

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I like the dual core and 4G on the Evo V... (I get great wimax coverage in my area) literally the ONLY thing that is keeping me from the evo is this texting problem I keep hearing about. If I can't text the phone is useless to me. I'm obviously somewhat tech savvy cause I'm here on this website, but how hard is it to fix the problem myself, I simply cannot risk bricking the phone.
-New to the forums, thanks in advance for any help!

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Easy enough sign up for Google Voice and get a free phone number from them and use Google Voice for testing calling and all that optionally you can port your current number to GVoice for a nominal fee.

Sent from my Evo V

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as texting issues go, I had a few of the radio interface shortage things when I first got the phone, but I just updated the profile and prl a few times and haven't had any issues since. I also have a custom sense rom installed and I use GO SMS, not sure if you'd be interested in doing that or not...
As far as comparison goes, I think the Reverb will be able to keep up with the EVO as it has a Snapdragon S3, and I believe the EVO has a Snapdragon S2 (correct me if i'm wrong). I think it all depends on how bad you want 4G data.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as texting issues go, I had a few of the radio interface shortage things when I first got the phone, but I just updated the profile and prl a few times and haven't had any issues since. I also have a custom sense rom installed and I use GO SMS, not sure if you'd be interested in doing that or not...
As far as comparison goes, I think the Reverb will be able to keep up with the EVO as it has a Snapdragon S3, and I believe the EVO has a Snapdragon S2 (correct me if i'm wrong). I think it all depends on how bad you want 4G data.

EVO has an S3.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2