App space enough?

dsf3g

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
How much app space is there on the HTC Evo V 4G? Is it a full 1 Gb?

I ask because my HTC Evo 4G was advertised as a 1 Gb phone, but after Sprint polluted it with their own apps and garbage there's very little room left to install apps. When I first bought the phone it wasn't a problem, as apps occupied relatively little space on the phone. But over the years these apps have grown in size. The extent is pretty amazing. I installed a previous version of Pandora on my Evo, for instance, because the latest versions don't like rooted phones, and I found the App size went doen from 12 Mb to about 4 Mb. And that's the same for so many apps. Adobe flash, for instance, is 12 Mb, The Amazon App store, 36 Mb, Facebook 28 Mb, Google Play store, 10 Mb, Google Maps 27 Mb, Opera Mobile 13 Mb, Youtube 8 Mb and the list goes on and on.

I've moved pretty much everything I can to the sdCard and I'm still low on space.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the HTC Evo V 4G and the Galaxy SII. I like the idea of saving $150.00 or so by going with the Evo, but if space is as tight on the Evo V 4G as on my Sprint Evo 4G there's no point.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an evo but I already have apps installed. I can tell you though that the evo states that there is 1.11gb of storage. I have about 12-15 apps installed (no games) and I am showing 757mb left.

I think this much space its sufficient enough to get all the apps you want but games that take up a few gigs would be better transferred to the micro sd card.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

raynoldsk

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
There is plenty of room for apps--and many apps can move to the sdcard.

I just checked my husband's new (unactivated) phone. I updated it and downloaded one app, and there is .98g of space left on the phone, and 7.13g available on the included sd card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance