Error Code 67

jaydro

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Shortly after getting the text message from VM on Saturday that they had changed their terms of service etc., I found myself getting a popup message about Error Code 67 (Unable to establish wireless data connection. If the problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company), the gist of which is that I could not connect to the mobile data service. Wi-Fi works fine, but not 3G, no 1X, and i haven't connected to 4G, either. After doing a lot of searching around I tried everything I could find on the web save a hard reset. I tried (in various orderings) the update profile/update PRL, remove battery and wait, ##CLEAR# and edit MSID (the ##CLEAR# menu on my phone only allowed a reset, no editing), but nothing had any effect.

Finally Sunday morning I called VM customer support on another phone line, stayed on hold, got the first CSR, who quickly passed me up the chain to another CSR, who then had me do the pull battery, wait, boot and update profile/update PRL. No effect, so then they had me wait on hold while they tried to contact another department--they acted like they were actually doing something while they put me on hold, but I suspect they never got through to anyone and just led me through more hoops (each one involving pulling the battery), finally having me do a hard reset and hands-free activation. Still getting Error Code 67 and no mobile data connection.

(BTW, the phone was bone stock, not even rooted, no custom rom.)

So they finally gave up and told me this would be passed up the chain and would be resolved within 24 to 72 hours. I had been on the phone with them about 2 hours at this point (including interminable holds). The only number they gave me to call back was the generic customer service number, even though I complained about having to go through all the prompts.

I am not optimistic.

This was my first call to VM Customer Service in years, but I was dreading it, and knew going in that I had to be prepared for being so infuriated that I would have to change carriers. *sigh*

Anyone got any tips? Thanks. (And at two hours per call, I hope it's not "keep calling back until you get someone who knows what they're doing.")

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Shortly after getting the text message from VM on Saturday that they had changed their terms of service etc., I found myself getting a popup message about Error Code 67 (Unable to establish wireless data connection. If the problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company), the gist of which is that I could not connect to the mobile data service. Wi-Fi works fine, but not 3G, no 1X, and i haven't connected to 4G, either. After doing a lot of searching around I tried everything I could find on the web save a hard reset. I tried (in various orderings) the update profile/update PRL, remove battery and wait, ##CLEAR# and edit MSID (the ##CLEAR# menu on my phone only allowed a reset, no editing), but nothing had any effect.

I had error 67 until 2 hours ago. Everything is back to normal for me

Finally Sunday morning I called VM customer support on another phone line, stayed on hold, got the first CSR, who quickly passed me up the chain to another CSR, who then had me do the pull battery, wait, boot and update profile/update PRL. No effect, so then they had me wait on hold while they tried to contact another department--they acted like they were actually doing something while they put me on hold, but I suspect they never got through to anyone and just led me through more hoops (each one involving pulling the battery), finally having me do a hard reset and hands-free activation. Still getting Error Code 67 and no mobile data connection.

(BTW, the phone was bone stock, not even rooted, no custom rom.)

So they finally gave up and told me this would be passed up the chain and would be resolved within 24 to 72 hours. I had been on the phone with them about 2 hours at this point (including interminable holds). The only number they gave me to call back was the generic customer service number, even though I complained about having to go through all the prompts.

I am not optimistic.

This was my first call to VM Customer Service in years, but I was dreading it, and knew going in that I had to be prepared for being so infuriated that I would have to change carriers. *sigh*

Anyone got any tips? Thanks. (And at two hours per call, I hope it's not "keep calling back until you get someone who knows what they're doing.")

jaydro

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Whaddya know--mine is fine now, too! I guess someone fixed something. What a surprise. *whew* Well, doing the hard reset is a pain to come back from, but at least now I will probably fully divorce myself from the flaky Amazon Appstore and maybe finally get around to rooting my phone, etc. :)

jaydro

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, but waitaminnit--I just realized I never got a 4G connection today. 4G was enabled. I don't live in 4G coverage, so I can't check now, but there should have been some time today when I had 4G. So maybe I'm not totally fixed, yet. How about you, stevek28?

Kinwin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. On Saturday, kept getting the error code 67, no data connection whatsoever. Today (Monday) I got 3G signal back, but no 4G. I live in an area with very strong 4G signal, so something is still wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma