Home screen not loading??

gekaap

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just bought an HTC evo 4G a couple days ago, and I am having a couple issues already, and I'm a little concerned that either there's a design flaw with the model, or that perhaps I did something that caused the problem.

So, it started earlier this morning, I tried to check the time with my phone, but the home screen would not come up. When I pushed the power button all that I could see was the notification bar, and nothing else. Phone was non responsive to any of the other buttons, and I couldn't even get it to power down. I finally pulled the battery to do a reboot, and everything seemed fine initially. The Virgin Mobile logo screen came up fine. But again I was taken to a dark screen with just the notification bar. I repeated again, this time pulling the SD card, but still the same.

I eventually noticed that I could pull the notification bar down, and from there managed to access the settings screen, from which I navigated to the apps menu and reactivated everything that I had previously deactivated (I had deactivated a handful of things I have no use for, like Twitter and the news and weather apps). At this point, I was able to use the home button to take me to the home screen. Whatever it was, it's fixed, right!? Nope. Reboot still lead to the same problem.

I took a look and fastbook was enabled. I disabled it, and rebooted again, finally it loaded correctly, taking me to the lock screen. So that would seem to at least solve my functional issue. Though, the "restart" option still is not working (each time I rebooted I had to select "shut down" and then turn back on, as the "restart" option would only shut the phone down and from there it was difficult to get it to turn back on again). At this point, I'm just worried that the phone may have some kind of glitch or defect, and wonder if I should simply send it back for a replacement or if I should just ask for a refund and look at a different model altogether.

The problem arose around mid-morning. When I first woke up on the early AM the phone was working fine, used to check email and facebook before crawling out of bed. The only thing I had done between that time and the problems starting was that I downloaded Pandora. Anyone have any idea why my phone is going schizophrenic?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey