Help! USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

shondabihari

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys I need your help! Obviously I have the HTC EVO V. I unlocked the bootloader, s-off'd and rooted successfully a week after purchasing this phone. I have tried almost every rom out there for this phone. So at this point I am just confused.
My phone will not connect to my computers ( it WILL charge, however). For the past two weeks I have been getting an error message saying USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED. Windows is giving me error 43. I am going nuts with this. I have tried this on Windows 7, Vista, and XP. So far I have...

- Uninstalled/reinstalled drivers
- Switched USB cords
- Tried multiple Roms
- Tried to connect to 3 computers total, SAME error message
- Deleted USB device history in regedit
- Unplugged computer physically from the wall outlet and let sit for over 30 minutes
- Of course powered down/up the device and computer...DUHHHH
- Bitched and moaned

The sd card works fine. My pictures, videos, music and apps are all there and my phone recognizes it. I just cannot get a computer to go into disc drive mode. As a matter of fact I don't even get the option to choose if I want to charge, go into disc drive or do internet pass through. I'm losing my mind here guys! Any suggestions? I did see a guide to unroot the Evo V and bring it back to stock but that is honestly THE LAST OPTION FOR ME. I don't want to to that at all. Anybody know about this? I read about this happening to an S3 but he had to go back to stock.... :-\ Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

***UPDATE***
I just powered the phone in Fastboot and my computer (Win 7) automatically downloaded the drivers and connected. Then I rebooted the phone and reconnected to computer but I'm still getting the same USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED error. I was 99% convinced this was a problem with my actual phone instead of computer but after seeing that Fastboot could connect I am not so sure...

Last edited:

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You could try just using airdroid instead of having to mess with drivers and such.
If all you want to do is access the files on your phone use airdroid.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2