I know this has been discussed before, and that it's impossible to keep the grandfathered $25 rate with these phones, so I have to ask-

I picked up a used EVO and merely clicked the swap phones link on the VM site, followed the steps and completed successfully. It's been a few days and works great, but it shows that I'm still on the $25 plan. Did I just get lucky? Or will it update when it's time to pay the bill? Thanks!

P.S. My fiancee' also upgraded from her $25/month Optimus V, to an Galaxy S2, same scenario
    07-18-2013 07:28 PM
    Does it matter? You knew going in that you would lose the rate, if you keep it then that is a bonus you could report to the community
    07-18-2013 07:47 PM
    Good luck to ya!

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    drwatson32 likes this.
    07-18-2013 07:55 PM
    No, it doesn't matter, whatever happens, happens. I suppose what I'm wondering out loud, here, is if anyone else is experiencing this
    07-18-2013 09:38 PM
    There was a "bug" a long time ago where owners of the Optimus V would upgrade to.. say a One V.. then switch back to the Optimus V (and its $25 plan) then manually switch back to the One V and the rate would stay at $25.

I didn't hear anything about this after a couple of months though.. I assumed VM caught onto it and corrected things but maybe I'm wrong...
    08-13-2013 10:59 PM
    Yo! I got the same thing when I upgraded from lg optimus v to Htc one v

Had the $25 plan for a couple months now so I think it will stay that way.

Heres a tip. Your account is not supposed to show that you are paying $25 so it's kinda glitched. When you try to restart your monthly plan via their page it will ask "you sure you want to restart blah blah blah etc" it's gonna show the price as $0.00 then when you click next it's gonna say "oops! there has been an error etc", Just to make sure you have to try to restart your monthly plan a couple times then wait between 3-5 hours, maybe sooner and the plan will sudenly restart, so make sure you do it like a day before it runs out.
    08-18-2013 09:45 PM