New Google Maps sucks I need maps back

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
At first I wondered where my Navigation went.. it's combined in Maps now. Okay. Took some time getting used to, but the app is actually nicer. Problem is it eats batteries super fast. I can plug my phone (HTC EVO V) into the car and it says a message that my phone is using more power than the adapter is providing.

The REAL problem, though is the addresses! A lot of them are totally screwed up. Yesterday I drove 1.5 hours north to a tomato festival in the middle of nowhere. It got me there fine. Going home? It takes me to some other town completely, and says I am 3 minutes from home. In reality I knew where I was and I was about 60 minutes from home!

I'm at work today, so I put in my home address. It takes me to that other place again and says I am 17 minutes away. I am not 17 minutes away. I am 60 minutes away!

I just typed my town in Google and it shows properly. In the phone nowhere near correct.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
At first I wondered where my Navigation went.. it's combined in Maps now. Okay. Took some time getting used to, but the app is actually nicer. Problem is it eats batteries super fast. I can plug my phone (HTC EVO V) into the car and it says a message that my phone is using more power than the adapter is providing.

The REAL problem, though is the addresses! A lot of them are totally screwed up. Yesterday I drove 1.5 hours north to a tomato festival in the middle of nowhere. It got me there fine. Going home? It takes me to some other town completely, and says I am 3 minutes from home. In reality I knew where I was and I was about 60 minutes from home!

I'm at work today, so I put in my home address. It takes me to that other place again and says I am 17 minutes away. I am not 17 minutes away. I am 60 minutes away!

I just typed my town in Google and it shows properly. In the phone nowhere near correct.

Hi...
To revert to a previous update: Settings>Apps>Maps>Uninstall Updates. And decline future updates of Maps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude