Hi everyone. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problem from what has happened to my Evo 3D 4G. Earlier today I grabbed my phone to snap a picture of something. Unlocked the screen, no apparent problems. Then just as I opened the camera app my screen went black. Didn't think much of it at first, just tried to pull the screen back up. But wouldn't do anything. I thought maybe I was a little crazy and maybe the battery died. So I went to plug it in, and that's when I realized that the back was extremely hot all of a sudden. So, I unplugged, pulled the battery, and let it sit for a good hour. I tried the battery in another Evo that I happen to have because I never got around to returning it to VM like I was supposed to do. No problems there.

After I put my phone back together I tried again. The phone was perfectly cool. It wouldn't start up still. I went to pull the battery out again, and the flippin' phone is hotter than Hades again! Particularly, it's the spot on the back of the phone directly to the right of the camera (pretty much directly behind the charger port). It was so hot that I could detect the smell of burning plastic! Obviously this phone is a loss. But I wonder, is this common with these phones? I have this other Evo that I could activate as a replacement. But I'm a little worried that a problem like this could happen again. Having a phone die is always a frustrating inconvenience. Thanks in advance for any insight.
    11-20-2013 12:13 AM
    I had this same problem about a month ago its not the battery its the phone. Mines virgin mobile and because i had it for less then a year they just sent me a replacement. I tried getting help from HTC first but they were really useless. Good luck!
    11-26-2013 02:04 PM