HTC Evo V 4G Keeps Saying There's an Internal Memory Shortage When There Is 115MB left.

browns51

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
My HTC Evo V 4G keeps insisting that there is an internal memory shortage whenever I reboot the phone or attempt to install an app. At first this problem only occurred when I would put in my 8GB micro SD memory card, now it happens when I use my 1 and 2GB memory cards as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 115 MB isn't much, so if you're hovering around that much remaining free Internal Storage, you're going to get Low Memory warnings a lot. External SD cards don't really help much, unless you can offload some data (especially media files like photos and music) over to the external SD. Review this guide and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

browns51

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I was wondering why my phone kept posting that warning, I was actually starting to think that it might be a bug. If I were to free up memory by deleting some apps--say about an additional 50MB--would that stop the warnings from popping up and give me more internal space?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'll probably help. I'm not sure if the threshold free storage space is different for each device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech