kernel won't allow new kernel to be installed.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm running mobster remix on my HTC evo v 4g. I wanted to mess around with kernels and there was a lot of talk about the anthrax kernel so I downloaded it and installed it. Since then I haven't been able to install a new kernel and when I attempt to my 4g and WiFi will not work and my settings confirm I am still running the anthrax kernel.

Also I can't connect my phone to a PC via USB. It just isn't detectable unless I turn the phone off and manually mount it through twpr settings.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this kernel or have an stock nandroid back up they can email me? I would cry tears of joy for a back up. I didn't make one because I was a noob when this happened.

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Kernels have no control over access or write protection. The bootloader controls access to Kernel so you may want to check that your's is still unlocked.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Kernels have no control over access or write protection. The bootloader controls access to Kernel so you may want to check that your's is still unlocked.

Ok I'll do so and reply with my findings. I'm still rooted and can install various Roms still. This is my only problem but I will let you know what is going on after I check if I'm unlocked still.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So you never changed your kernel in the first place? What ever you used to "install" the kernel is likely what borked your phone because you don't "install" a kernel it gets flashed through your recovery.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well yeah I guess I'm just not using the right terminology. XD I did flash it onto my device but every attempt to flash a new kernel ends with me frustrated and confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12