PCD VENTURE Virgin Mobile Root Guide

CPUTechGeek

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The root works for me, all I did is copy the files to the Venture using the computer and then ran the files on my Venture.

Attachments

• 2012.12.14-17.01.27.jpeg
    2012.12.14-17.01.27.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 255

Jordan Haigler

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
after 20 attempts on 3 venture phones give or take 20 attempts each. this doesnt work at all it always give me the same error code. your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. i can gaurantee it is not the way i downloaded the file that is the issue seeing as how ive done everything from using dolphin browser and directly downloading the apk from various sites. ive emailed a downloaded apk from my computer then installed through email. moved the file to my phone from usb connection. also with each time moved it to the sd card. and gone that route. i have uninstalled this app each time and used root checker well 3 different versions of it just to make sure that the checker wasnt wrong. and i also made to to reset my phone to factory when i tried each of the avenues 2 or 3 times to make sure there was no interference from anything else. so all in all the method doesnt seem to work and wasted about 12 hours of my life. so please fix whatever issue there might be because i have literally done everything that any of 100+ forumns would have suggested to do with a malfunctioning app. i honestly havent the slightest clue what could be wrong unless by some 1-1,000,000,000 chance i have 3 phones that all will not work with this app. any suggestions on how to force this app to work properly and not continue to run into this error 100% of the time?

George Eaves

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey man, i need some help please sir. i used your method with poot and ministro, and it worked great until SU got updated(i think)then i lost root...I bought the virgin mobile pcd chaser for my son back in Nov..i rooted it easily,with your help,everything seemed to be fine until i tried to uninstall an app inTB, it said I did not have root.I am a little savvy,i've rooted several phones with just about every method out there and i've never lost root...I've tried just about everything,(rooting again,uninstalling then reinstalling,update.zip from su,etc.)After i run poot now, it says that the path was /system/sbin instead of /system/xbin as expected...can you offer any advice or expertise please sir .Thanks.

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so just to confirm. Before I buy the Chaser for my son, it can easily be rooted without a PC, has a functional CWM recovery, and possible roms being worked on?

nightmarishlyy

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Would it be possible for someone to provide a more detailed description of how to do this? The only reason I really want to root my PCD Chaser is to remove programs I'll never use that can't be deleted otherwise. Please, please, can someone explain this. I have no idea how to do it, and I'm afraid I'll ruin my phone if I try it on my own.

Billy Caldwell

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm. Easy as hell to root my VM Venture in a matter of minutes. I downloaded both Ministro, and Poot to my micro sd card using my laptop I then inserted the sd card back into my venture..... Thank you guys so much.

Jason Kidd

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
where do I put these .apk's on my phone, and if I cant find a driver for chaser what driver do I download and how do I modify it so it will interact with my pc? I have downloaded HTC, LG, and ZTE drivers to no avail ( and I also do not no how to modify these drivers! )

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm on the Chaser! Downloaded the apks to PC, dragged them onto SD card, used ES Explorer to install them, clicked on Poot and was rooted...took about a minute. Now I'm wondering if I can flash Jelly Bean onto this cheap little phone! Anyone tried yet?

darthjello

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
SO this is the ONLY guide (Still, March of 2013) for the VM PCD CHASER root. I tryed and tryed to follow this guide, but had trouble. My problem was I didn't realize how easy it was, and was over complicating it!!! Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any recovery stuff for the Chaser, so this is the third one I have rooted. BUT HERE IS HOW I DID IT!!!! ((((((Requires NO COMPUTER AT ALL!!! Can do it all over your mobile 3g connection!!!)))))

First I downloaded an app called "Download All Files" from google play. This allowed me to force download ANY file directly to my phone. The Chaser would not let me download the .apk's.
Second, I downloaded "Astro File Manager" which allowed me to run the .APK directly on my phone.

So once I had both these, I literally navigated to this page on my phones browser, downloaded Ministro, then poot. I navigated to where the files were saved with "Astro file manager", and then selected "INSTALL PACKAGE". Installed ministro, let it run. Then installed poot. It said "Downloading QT libraries, with a loading bar. It will take a while". Then you can download SUPER USER (((this is what handles all of the root functions))) and you should be all set!!! You can also try downloading a "ROOT CHECKER" from google play!!!

****NOTICE*****::: A few things about a rooted chaser (i had to learn the hard way)

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE ON THE WEB ABOUT ROOTING THE VIRGIN MOBILE CHASER ((trust me, iv'e looked)).

SCREENSHOT APPS WITH ROOT SEEM TO SHOW UP BLUE. I think this is a restriction of the hardware.

My previous rooted chasers ended up getting messed up within the /DATA i believe. Touchscreen siezed to work. Everything else worked fine.

I CANNOT FIND A CWM (clock-work mod) recovery for this phone AT ALL!!! SO ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

/////////FURTHERMORE there is LITERALLY no info on the chaser ANYWHERE, so if you have any, please contribute. THANKS////////////

SORRY FOR REVIVING SUCH AN OLD THREAD!!! BUT STILL RELEVANT!!!! and the number one thing that pops up in google!:D

Rightopinion

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Followed all the instructions used all the apps mentioned but when I run the root checker it says I do not have root access because google blocks it. What did I miss what am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help this newbie.

mrskarface79

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded the apps to my computer then tranfered them to my phone, there i installed them in the order listed and un installed them and then presto its rooted, im using titanium back up to uninstall the crapp the phone came with