King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
First, the files you will need :

Clockwork Mod version 6+:
http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Random/Venture/CWM-Recovery.img

Flash Image:
http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Tools/flash_image

Now,you will need to be familiar with ADB in order to perform the flashing of the recovery. There is a possible method to use an app to do it. But its untested and I wont post it until I know others have tried it and it works. No need to create bricks of peoples phones.

Now that you have the files download above,start ADB in a command prompt and run the following code. Be sure the two files above are in same directory as your adb executable so they will operate correctly when you run the adb commands.

here is the commands to push the flash_image and cwm recovery :

Code:
adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp/flash_image
adb push CWM-Recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/flash_image
adb shell
su
/data/local/tmp/flash_image recovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.img

you should now have custom recovery. from a powered off state here is the button combination to bring up your new custom recovery:

- hold Home button, press power button, keep holding Home button until recovery menu shows up -

Credits for the recovery go to several individuals:

http://androidforums.com/venture-all-things-root/616258-recovery-cwm-virgin-mobile-venture-6-0-1-2-a.html

Shabbypenguin,utkanos,chris41g and divinebovine for testing the recovery before release.

side notes: be careful when using the recovery! its not a toy. it will damage your device so all you have IS recovery if you do not know what you are doing! so with that said,the first thing you need to do is make a backup of your CURRENT system! if you do not know how to use clockwork mod recovery,ask someone who has it at its current version,google a guide. but learn it before you do anything to brick the device. the android forums link is provided for more support as i do not own this device and use a different recovery on the one v than is provided here. in case you arent sure,ask someone. belonging to multiple forums is no big thing and it helps you know more about your device when others cant give you info you need to know. but anyway,enjoy and thank those above if you ever meet them online. :D

edit: the adb commands above should be run one line at a time. meaning,

adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp/flash_image

then after that line has been inputted and a response given in command prompt,or just the next line appearing awaiting next command..then input the next command code. do not run all at once. one at a time.

Last edited:

Bling_Diggity

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd like to know if this would work for the Chaser. They seem to be very similar products, and the root method for the Venture also worked for the Chaser. The problem I seem to have is getting ADB or Fastboot to work with it...neither seem to see the device. I managed to get it in Fastboot mode (Power & Vol+) and Recovery mode (Power & Vol-), but still can't seem to get ADB or fastboot to recognize the device. Although in Fastboot mode some fastboot commands such as reboot into recovery, reboot normally, etc seem to work. But I tried unlocking the bootloader via fastboot OEM unlock and got nothing.

EDIT: I managed to get this recovery flashed via Terminal Emulator and Root Explorer, but actually getting it to boot is a no-go. So the answer to the question "Will this work for the VM Chaser?" is no, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance