Possible root to try?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
_SNIP_

Bob, when I get a custom recovery loaded next week, I'll make a back up. Which recovery would you recommend?
Why wait until next week...when you can have it now!
Here is CWM v5.0.2.7 for the Slider: http://www.mediafire.com/?demdrtnrwz8alox

To install:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM701_recovery.img
reboot recovery

This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.

Last edited:

codyth53

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
To install:
1) Download the recovery to your sdcard
2) Open Terminal
3) Type in the following
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VS700_recovery.img
reboot recovery

This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.

After the flash_image command, I'm getting:

mount: Device or resource busy
mount: Device or resource busy

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You can find the flash_image here.

Once you have VS701_recovery.img and flash_image on your sdcard, try
----------------
su
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VS701_recovery.img
-----------------
from the terminal.

Last edited:

varpness

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You can find the flash_image here.

Once you have VS700_recovery.img and flash_image on your sdcard, try
----------------
su
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
-----------------
from the terminal.

Awesome! That worked!

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the VS700 file installed, but cant get the flash_image to install, any suggestions???..

Download the flash_image to your computer. Attach OS as an USB drive. Copy it over from the computer.

Once you have both files on you SD card, then run the terminal program from your OS.

jetteye

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded terminal emulator ran the
su
reboot recovery
This worked and was able to install the file...So technically I can get into recovery if I go into terminal and hit reboot recovery.. What I need too do is just flash the Flash_image. file by itself.. I tried the terminal commands...
su
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image

I could not get these commands too work... So I tried this, and cannot find file.
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/flash_image also tried .img after it
This flash_image file is giving me a problem...

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I renamed the recovery to VM701_recovery.img, it is still the same file just renamed. I made a mistake in naming it, because VM701 is the model number for the Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider and VS700 is the model number for the Sprint version. I don't want the Sprint people trying to flash this thinking it's for there phone.

sh0yawang

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thx, I'm new to Droid as of today and already have it rooted and cwm recovery, don't know much about cyanogen but my friend told me its a lot faster then stock

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i got the flash_image and the VM701_recovery.img installed on my sdcard.
i entered the terminal commands correctly a few times and everytime i get

error opening /sdcard/VM701_recovery.img: No such file or directory

anyone help me with this?

jvejr1966

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
i have a ST LGL55C phone and would like to root this phone. anyone have directions on doing this? or is this phone to new that the procedure is not out yet?

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i have a ST LGL55C phone and would like to root this phone. anyone have directions on doing this? or is this phone to new that the procedure is not out yet?

Search the forums. If you can't find any, then no there isn't a way yet.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Reactions: jondevere

coolmanz1

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have some issues with rooting. I have the Optimus Slider and I can't get it to root. I downloaded drivers from the LG website(trying to figure out which ones work), and unistalled, tried another from a recommened direct link and so on to try to find a fix. All of the drivers I tried, installed succesfully and worked fine to what I know. I downloaded the LG_Esteem Root which everybody says works, from this site... LG Esteem OneClickRoot NOW READY!! | AndroidNerds.net. I connect my phone, turn on USB Debugging, and selected USB charge only. Run the bat file(will explain later on) select enter to root, to produce an error. Then I tried using "Mass Storage USB" with the same error. STEPS I DID UNTILL ERROR: Once I have one of the options selected, my phones connected. I open the LG_Esteen_Root-1.zip file, and select the run.bat. Once opened, I "press enter to root my phone." Then I get this message, "Waiting for Device", underneath it says 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Then it repeats the error, Says "Device Found". Underneath it says "Pushing exploit binary". Then the 'abd' error appears again. It keeps on doing this, acting like it's working but always producing this error message. Then at the bottom it says Root Complete, Enjoy! Press any key to exit. Then I exit, and nothing happened with my phone. I have tried this many times with no prevail. If anyone knows a solution or has any ideas, please message me or post on the forum. I tried to explain this as much as possible without trying to confuse you, I can explain more if you need the informantion. Thanks!

RjTheGeeK

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
can some one please help me my optimus slider is rooted i just need to put the flash image on it and im not getting the terminal thing so please help

yellowsportster

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering when you rooted your slider, was it on Android 2.3.4. I am going to try the LG Esteem_root.zip method but want to check a few things before I start.

Thanks.

I just rooted my Slider using this process. The direct link to the drivers you need is:

http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/LG-Optimus-V.zip

Install the drivers then run the bat file. It's really that simple.

Side note, is anyone else getting crappy performance from Netflix on this phone?