[ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Team Hydro] Gelato 11-28 For Virgin Mobile Optimus Slid

I have a small but annoying bug, maybe it's a known issue?

All dates and times in the recovery reference 01/06/1980 at 12:00 AM or thereabouts. The annoying part is when I do a nandroid backup that's the name of the folder (01-06-1980...). I've only done two backups so far (one stick ROM, one Gelato 11-28) so it was easy enough to rename the folders but I could see it getting confusing as I do more backups if I'm not diligent.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do about it? Did I break something?

Thanks!

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a small but annoying bug, maybe it's a known issue?

All dates and times in the recovery reference 01/06/1980 at 12:00 AM or thereabouts. The annoying part is when I do a nandroid backup that's the name of the folder (01-06-1980...). I've only done two backups so far (one stick ROM, one Gelato 11-28) so it was easy enough to rename the folders but I could see it getting confusing as I do more backups if I'm not diligent.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do about it? Did I break something?

Thanks!

I just create my backups with Rom Manager and it retains the proper date and time and name you give the backup, but if you're not sure what you're doing then I highly suggest you stay away from Rom Manager since it has caused many phones to brick. I don't wanna be held accountable if you damage your device, but if you use Rom Manager then ONLY use it for backups, that's the only safe thing you can do with it besides fixing permissions. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Once in a while I'm getting error code 69, any ideas what it is or how to fix it.

It was a regular flash. Wipe caches and dalvik, ginger kernel after that

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I just create my backups with Rom Manager and it retains the proper date and time and name you give the backup, but if you're not sure what you're doing then I highly suggest you stay away from Rom Manager since it has caused many phones to brick. I don't wanna be held accountable if you damage your device, but if you use Rom Manager then ONLY use it for backups, that's the only safe thing you can do with it besides fixing permissions. Hopefully this helps.

I actually installed ROM Manager, I've used it before for backup purposes, but when I try to run it it says it needs to install CWM. I didn't go any further for fear of damaging the recovery I already installed following the rooting guide.

Thanks for trying to help tho.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Once in a while I'm getting error code 69, any ideas what it is or how to fix it.

It was a regular flash. Wipe caches and dalvik, ginger kernel after that

EDIT: Sorry, wrong error code. I have never seen or heard of error 69.

All I found was this:
69 Error Code 69 Your device requested a session
lifetime that is too long. If this problem persists,
turn your phone off, turn it on again, then try again.
Requested Lifetime too long to be supported by the
network.

Found on a Sprint board. No idea what it means though. Try running the activate app and re-activate your phone.

Reactions: bdfull3r

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Another minor issue: I have Wifi Sleep Policy set to "Never" (this always works best for me as far as battery life because I'm on Wifi 90% of the time) but the Slider is acting like it's set to "screen off". When I wake the screen from sleep I have a 3G icon, not a Wifi icon. It will connect to Wifi within a few seconds, so I don't think it's a problem with the connection per se. Not a huge deal, just seems odd.

Note that it did the same thing with the stock ROM so I'm not necessarily blaming Gelato 11-28. Any ideas?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Sorry, wrong error code. I have never seen or heard of error 69.

All I found was this:

Found on a Sprint board. No idea what it means though. Try running the activate app and re-activate your phone.

thanks for a little help, i can't find anything either

firstblood

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered.

1) I currently have Ginger-kernel flashed on my lg optimus slider's stock rom. The question is how should I go about flashing this custom rom to my phone? I have rooted and added custom recovery as well as made a nandroid backup before i flashed the new kernel.

2) My second question is about this rom, do you guys think any more changes or additions will be made in the future or does this not need anymore developing?

3) My last question is for the other people who have downloaded this, have you guys had any problems/difficulties/bugs directly related to this rom?

-Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Download the .zip to root of sd.
Boot into cwm recovery. Clear cache and dalvik cache.
Flash the ROMs .zip file.
FLASH DREWS GINGERKERNEL AGAIN after flashing the ROMs zip.
Reboot from recovery.
It'll take a little longer for your phone to boot up the first time. Don't freak thinking you bricked your phone lol. Cuz you didn't.

No this rom is done. Nothing more will be added. I'm 99% sure of this.
No problems either with it. Been using it since the release and love it. I actually tried other roms that were released for this phone recently and this rom is so good that I switched right back to team hydros rom with no intention of ever switching ROMs again. (Unless cyanogenmod is released)

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider running Gelato 11 28/ Gingerkernel7.1. Theme:ICS

Reactions: firstblood

RjTheGeeK

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

hey i just flashed this rom and it stuck on bott can someone please help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
did u wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashin this rom?

Always wipe cache and dalvik chaches before flashing almost anything. Also a good note is to get the most out if your new ROM or kernel. You should do a factory wipe before installing. Odds are less bugs by doing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

schpeTiger

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

I've just got to know... why is it that this ROM changed where apps install to? Normally apps would install to the data partition, but I noticed that the data partition has a lot of free space whereas the cache partition (which was barely used on other ROMs) is nearly full.

mcurran-exploit

May 24, 2012
Visit site

Anybody know how I can get out of the dreaded "Recovery Mode" loop. I stupidly did the "Factory Reset" in the options menu, not knowing the consequences, with the custom CWM 5.0.2.7 for this LG Optimus Slider VM701. I tried flashing this ROM and the GingerKernel, and both flashed successfully, but I still get right back to the Recovery Menu, no matter how many times I reboot my phone (I believe I tried every key method too). Plus there is no hope with adb, phone is not detected by adb, or other tools while in "Recovery Mode". Anyone got any suggestions. Anyone know the key combination, to allow for the diagnostic/multiple partition bootup. I know on my Triumph, if I hold down the volume down button and power it up, I can mount all my phones internal partitions in ubuntu, but I can't seem to do that with this Optimus. Please help.

pwngmike

May 27, 2012
Visit site

GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

carlson03

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

If nothing has changed and you haven't rooted or installed a ROM...I would email VM customer support.

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks guys this rom is wonderfull
Battery lasts longer, games run smoother, and no more low space alerts, loving this thanks so much

Sent from my LG-VM701 gelato 11-28, gkernel, ice cream Slider, using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes