Recovery for the Straight Talk Optiums Q(LGL55C)

Kniew

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can someone give me their apn settings from their LGL55C straight talk phone with working mms?
If you don't know how to get it, let me know and I will tell you.
Thank you in advance.

lowwang

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick question...maybe dumb, but is there some adb commands for dumping the stock recovery onto the sdcard before you flash cwm?

EDIT: I have also just noticed that when I went to make a backup, it says the usual CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7
then under it
E: Bad boot message
"recovery "

obviously...not so good.

Ideas?

Last edited:

joshuabobb

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
quick question...maybe dumb, but is there some adb commands for dumping the stock recovery onto the sdcard before you flash cwm?

Edit: I have also just noticed that when i went to make a backup, it says the usual cwm-based recovery v5.0.2.7
then under it
e: Bad boot message
"recovery "

obviously...not so good.

Ideas?

did you fix it?

lowwang

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Haven't yet. I think beezy or somebody posted on the hydro rom thread that theirs was doing it too, but they didn't consider it a big deal. Beezy is good peoples so if he doesn't consider it important, I will follow his lead. Though the timestamp issue of backups does worry me a bit. Has anybody actually done a nandroid restore from the weird datestamp?

EDIT:5-6-2012: Finally took the chance and used it to install a rom. After 5 minutes of 'Oh Crap! It's not getting past the LG screen' I realized I forgot to wipe data etc.(Hey, It's been awhile) :) After getting back into recovery with the vol-down, home, power. I wiped data, re-installed rom, and going good with Engdroid. Happy day...

Last edited:

dinah_smiley

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Trying to root my daughter's straight talk LG OQ. I cannot get the drivers installed. Can you tell me how you were able to install the drivers and root the phone? I also get the su permissions denied. What did you do to completely root your phone. Your help is greatly appreciated.

seth_kamel

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
How do I extract the flash_image to the root... when I try to do this I get an error... I have tried doing this with astro, es, root browser, and file explorer... I have root and I made sure mount file sys was enabled... any help would be greatly appreciated

elesbb

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay im in DESPERATE help here . i modded an apk and tried applying it to my rooted LG Optimus Q via root explorer but since its a system apk it froze . i tried rebooting and now it is stuck at the LG menu . can anyone give me an update.zip that i can edit to replace the apk with the original one ? i have the original but i tried making an update.zip but it says E:signature verification failed installation aborted . i dont know what the checksum is for the LG Optimus Q

jasonryan3078

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
everything I try to use from my Android system recovery screen says cant update using (insert file name here)... I use the difficult keypress method and it goes to the Android system recovery screen... otherwise it loops and loops to the startup screen.... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!:-\

4MUSKRAT

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
So I had a buddies LG L55C From Straight Talk so I could Look at the Settings & save the PRL in CDMA WS(Paid version) and I can See the Serial Port which is the port u use with LG's. Problem is every time I try to read the phone or send the spc I get "Fail....Device Not Responding". I tried using all 3 ports I seen and tried the LG Method under spc as well as the Universal method.
Does any 1 know what the Issue is? It's not Rooted fyi. I didn't want to root it cause he's pretty stupid & don't need it rooted he has no idea what that even means does or is so there for he don't need it rooted in my opinion.

I just wanted to read the settings to find out what all settings are different from the Verizon & Sprint Android settings I use when I flash Customer's phones over to Straight Talk.

I also noticed that the APN on the LG L55C has a name of "TelKila" on the second apn setting inside the 1 APN I Backed up with APN Backup & Restore off the market. When I did a lil research on apn's with that name It said EDGE Network. What is the issue some may ask. Well the EDGE network is for GSM Phone like AT&T & T-Mo and the Straight Talk Android's are CDMA thats why the model ends with a "C" and they do not use a sim card so it would be really hard to use the EDGE network.

Does any one with more knowledge than I have any insight on this? Thank you if you do.

Oh I have the APN I backed up as well if any1 needs a copy of it. Just let me know & I will post it.

iphonetech

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So I had a buddies LG L55C From Straight Talk so I could Look at the Settings & save the PRL in CDMA WS(Paid version) and I can See the Serial Port which is the port u use with LG's. Problem is every time I try to read the phone or send the spc I get "Fail....Device Not Responding". I tried using all 3 ports I seen and tried the LG Method under spc as well as the Universal method.
Does any 1 know what the Issue is? It's not Rooted fyi. I didn't want to root it cause he's pretty stupid & don't need it rooted he has no idea what that even means does or is so there for he don't need it rooted in my opinion.

I just wanted to read the settings to find out what all settings are different from the Verizon & Sprint Android settings I use when I flash Customer's phones over to Straight Talk.

I also noticed that the APN on the LG L55C has a name of "TelKila" on the second apn setting inside the 1 APN I Backed up with APN Backup & Restore off the market. When I did a lil research on apn's with that name It said EDGE Network. What is the issue some may ask. Well the EDGE network is for GSM Phone like AT&T & T-Mo and the Straight Talk Android's are CDMA thats why the model ends with a "C" and they do not use a sim card so it would be really hard to use the EDGE network.

Does any one with more knowledge than I have any insight on this? Thank you if you do.

Oh I have the APN I backed up as well if any1 needs a copy of it. Just let me know & I will post it.
When they talk of the edge network, they are talking about your internet speed. There is 4g and 3g and edge. Usally you are allowed so many megabytes of 4g or 3g before you get booted to the edge network which is much slower then the previous two. It is sopposed to keep the 4g network from getting over loaded from customers using there phones as a modem for their computers. If you do not use very much internet at all, you will not see the edge come up but if you are a crazy sms and internet surfer and downloader you will be kicked to the edge network fairly quickly depending on what internet data plan you have signed up for on your phone. iPhoneTech

4MUSKRAT

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
When they talk of the edge network, they are talking about your internet speed. There is 4g and 3g and edge. Usally you are allowed so many megabytes of 4g or 3g before you get booted to the edge network which is much slower then the previous two. It is supposed to keep the 4g network from getting over loaded from customers using there phones as a modem for their computers. If you do not use very much internet at all, you will not see the edge come up but if you are a crazy sms and internet surfer and downloader you will be kicked to the edge network fairly quickly depending on what internet data plan you have signed up for on your phone. iPhoneTech

I know what all the different networks are and there is no way possible that a CDMA phone can use the "EDGE" network ijunktech (sorry I hate IJUNKS Android's Rock). Edge is a gsm(sim card) network so there for no CDMA(non sim card) phones could use it. Straight Talk don't have 4G on the CDMA Side I'm not sure about the gsm side cause I don't use gsm AT&T and T-Mo Suk.

I was asking if any1 has any knowledge of Straight Talk's Android settings or how to read 1 of their phones with CDMA Work Shop 3.8.7(paid), QPST or DFS. Like I said I can see 3 different ports but I can not read the phone. I have USB Debugging chked and unknown sources chked. I did every thing that would normally be done with a sprint or Verizon LG Android with no luck. Do I have to root this to be able to read the phone?

Does anyone know any of the settings by chance? Does each phone have a specific spc/msl like all other sprint and boost phones do?
What carrier do they use for data since the APN is named Telkila I've never heard of that name in the mobile world and I can flash to most any CDMA Carrier.

Thanks for for any insight or help.

Last edited by a moderator:

toddthefarmer

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for posting this. I am a noob and i have a lg optimus Q from straigh talk. I just got in to moding ,root, ect. I am not shur what i did but i rooted my phone and all was good. I set up tether and i did play with the sys files a little but i don't think i deleted any but then my 3g went out so i started tinkering more now wifi dose not work so i factory reset and now i cant get any of my back up apps to work right and i don't have a terminal Emulator so i downloaded all the files moved them in to the root but i don't have a terminal Emulator and i cant access my 3G or wifi please help i know this is an old thread but its the only one i can find please email me at [email address removed by moderator] thank you agin. :(

Last edited by a moderator: